Wall advantage, Guns and buildings.

Pyth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A hex contains a stone building and three of its hexsides are bocage.

-- Can infantry set-up HIP in the building hex w/ WA and retain concealment as if in concealment terrain?
-- Can a Crew possessing an M5 76L ATGun set up emplaced HIP in the building and claim WA, retaining concealment as in concealment terrain, and can it drop WA and claim Stone Building TEM without restrictions beyond those of ordinary infantry?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
A hex contains a stone building and three of its hexsides are bocage.

-- Can infantry set-up HIP in the building hex w/ WA and retain concealment as if in concealment terrain?
-- Can a Crew possessing an M5 76L ATGun set up emplaced HIP in the building and claim WA, retaining concealment as in concealment terrain, and can it drop WA and claim Stone Building TEM without restrictions beyond those of ordinary infantry?
  1. Yes, and they could do so if not HIP too.
  2. A crew with a Gun that drops WA loses its emplaced status [C11.3]. That will affect its ability to gain/retain concealment.
JR

Last edited:

Pyth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks JR... I just want to make double sure about WA and bocage and guns....

The Gun/Crew may set up HIP in the building hex with WA. So long as they don't do anything foolish (fire, change CA etc.) they keep their HIP. When they do fire they do the whole "?" colored die reveal business. Subsequently they may drop WA whenever they like (except between being declared a target and the resolution of that attack)... and this is not itself a concealment loss action. (If I'm reading C11.3 correctly) Dropping WA the crew only loses the +2 emplaced DRM (and emplacement may not be regained, which means here that the gun will no longer be able to claim the +2 emplacement DRM should it reclaim WA, but since when claiming WA it will get the +2 bocage DRM it's a wash. Have I got this right? Bocage is cool. Why have I avoided bocage? *(you don't have to answer that)

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
The Gun/Crew may set up HIP in the building hex with WA. So long as they don't do anything foolish (fire, change CA etc.) they keep their HIP. When they do fire they do the whole "?" colored die reveal business. Subsequently they may drop WA whenever they like (except between being declared a target and the resolution of that attack)... and this is not itself a concealment loss action. (If I'm reading C11.3 correctly) Dropping WA the crew only loses the +2 emplaced DRM (and emplacement may not be regained, which means here that the gun will no longer be able to claim the +2 emplacement DRM should it reclaim WA, but since when claiming WA it will get the +2 bocage DRM it's a wash. Have I got this right?
Yes, except that after dropping WA and regaining it, fire that doesn't cross the bocage will be +0 TEM (but possibly with gunshield).

Bocage is cool. Why have I avoided bocage? *(you don't have to answer that)
You probably listened to @RobZagnut.

JR