Walkthrough of River Assault?

carlsson

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Hi guys,
anyone that knows of good articles on River Assaults? We are about to start the Dinant CG and would like to be sure that we are doing everything correct.

Journals, Annuals, third partie, whatever works. 🤗

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Carlsson. Do you have Dispatches From the Bunker. I wrote an article, Dinant Decoded in vol 50. Please IM me here if you do not have that. Also, check in the rules forum section here for errata and also for search for the several threads on the CG. Last but not least, please feel free to contact me through IM if you have any questions that are not answered. I will be happy to help.
Carl

phlegm027

Reaction score
If you need an answer and Carl isn’t around you can drop.me a line. I get 99.47% of rules questions wrong but at least you’ll know what not to do.
Carl’s article in Dispatches is a must read. Dinant has some rules that differ from other river crossings. The difference starts with in beaching and goes into the constriction of ferries and pontoon bridges and Rommel’s effect on the construction. There are several differences from chapter E and Carl’s article spells them out very well.
keep,us posted on your progress and send some pictures, If you,can.

phlegm027

Reaction score
Hey Carl. Did you ever get the name of the fellow who wanted to do a Dinant CG as the German?

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Carl. Did you ever get the name of the fellow who wanted to do a Dinant CG as the German?
Looking Dan. Nope, just that Discord member name I sent. If you go on Discord though and send a message to that member name, you will get him.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Dinant was awesome, Dan and Carl did a great job, Carl is the Man on river crossings.

We at Dispatches are playtesting a PTO scenario that is a river crossing but the river is fordable so makes it much easier (though still very exposed) in getting across. Another ASL puzzle to figure out...