Wake Island Help

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Well, as a newbie, I made the mistake of getting CH's Wake "Pacific Alamo" which is their ATS, rather than Wake "Gallant Stand", their ASL compatible. In my feeble defence, Noble Knight did not indicate the difference when I got it from them. Now I know most don't play their mods, and in many cases I understand why, but I wanted to play the scenarios in this interesting battle.
While the map is the same, and I believe the scenarios are the same, clearly the rules are not. I don't care much about the counters as I only use ASL ones anyway, but does anyone out there have a PDF of the ASL compatible rules? They are only 6 pages I believe. I would be grateful for anyone's help.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
you might just try calling Maureen at the CH office # on monday morning, they might be able to assist you themselves.

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

If you look at the front cover the name of the ASL Comp version is Wake - Pacific Alamo. Also, I never had Mareen ignore me. It may take a few days for her to get back to you.

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Yes, thank you, I am aware of that. But that was not readily visible on the small thumbnail at Noble Knight. I figured I could judpst use the scenarios and maps anyway but the rul pages are useless.

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
why are you contacting CH when you didn't buy it from them did you try contacting Aaron at Noble Knight? You did buy it from him and not CH. Always had great customer service from him, and CH for that matter, and I'd be shocked if he didn't work with you and swap it out. I'm sure you are not the first to have bought ATS from NKG thinking it was ASL

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
why are you contacting CH when you didn't buy it from them did you try contacting Aaron at Noble Knight? You did buy it from him and not CH. Always had great customer service from him, and CH for that matter, and I'd be shocked if he didn't work with you and swap it out. I'm sure you are not the first to have bought ATS from NKG thinking it was ASL
Noble Knight as a distributer is less likely to be sympathetic and they would not have the ability to just send me a copy of the rules pages. I accept the mistake I have made and am just trying to make this ATS version useable.

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think you'd be surprised Steve how sympathetic he might be. I'd contact NKG and explain what happened. As I said, you most surely have not been the first to have done this. While their prices can be at times a bit high, their customer service is always first rate.

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I think you'd be surprised Steve how sympathetic he might be. I'd contact NKG and explain what happened. As I said, you most surely have not been the first to have done this. While their prices can be at times a bit high, their customer service is always first rate.
I have had god customer service from them too. But having impatiently punched the counters before realizing I had the wrong version, there would be little that NKG could do as they don't carry module parts to be be able to assist.

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
oh I know the experience of counter sex well..

mixing up ASL and ATS counters.. yeah.. you get so hot.. so excited to be getting some and get so worked up and getting to it before you look down and wonder why the broad has a beard...

you might be shit outta luck with that and returning it. Still can't hurt to try. Perhaps the good samaritan's around might help you salvage the ATS copy and help with any ASL transliteration... I'd definitely help but I passed on this one waiting on the inevitable as death and taxes 2nd edition mainly because of the counters. In true CH style they have IMO done of the best looking counters in ASL but of course (it is CH) also have done the absolute worst and most sickening..most digusting counters .. urggg... and those happen to have been their earlier attempt at the Japanese. They finally got it right with the Mustards and when they do v2 of Wake with the mustards I'll hit it and hit it hard man. Hope you have some luck with this.. that wasn't cheap.. if you got it through NKG you paid full retail for that. I might suggest dealing directly with CH next time, you'll save a helluva lot of money and have direct access in case of issues or operator error fuck ups.

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
There used to be an ASL to ATS scenario swap formula out there someplace that might work. It was on some guy’s site where he hosted a lot of ATS scenarios.

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
There used to be an ASL to ATS scenario swap formula out there someplace that might work. It was on some guy’s site where he hosted a lot of ATS scenarios.
Thanks. I don't know how different the scenarios would look, other than the different types of counters that ATS uses.

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
^ let us know Steve if you have any luck getting that swapped out with NKG. No promises yet but I've put out some feelers in the ASL dark web that is the underground CH community haha and may be able to score you a copy if you strike out getting what you need (and paid for) to play this.

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Thank you very much to those who helped me sort this out. Your time and effort are greatly appreciated and I should now be able to play this as an ASL compatible module. I shall not be making that mistake again. Once again, you guys proved to be a great and welcoming community across the globe.

Reactions: PTY

PTY

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thank you very much to those who helped me sort this out. Your time and effort are greatly appreciated and I should now be able to play this as an ASL compatible module. I shall not be making that mistake again. Once again, you guys proved to be a great and welcoming community across the globe.
Please post how the game goes. I would just like to see how this works out in game form. I know there are a couple of scenarios out there on it, but my recollection is that the "land" battle was somewhat limited. After seeing this post, I have purchased a couple of books on the battle, I think I already own them, but the time value involved in searching for them is greater than the cost of getting another copy.