Waffen-SS Counter Storage and What Not

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I keep all the baddies (blue and black) in their own separate container. All black counters are mixed together (by type) irregardless of publisher. I use them but I do ask my opponent if they are offended by their use first. The black counters looks sharp all trimmed up with the edges colored by Sharpie. I don't see any counter types too well anyway

Wayne

Doing Plenty, Kinda Slow
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I keep all the baddies (blue and black) in their own separate container. All black counters are mixed together (by type) irregardless of publisher. I use them but I do ask my opponent if they are offended by their use first. The black counters looks sharp all trimmed up with the edges colored by Sharpie. I don't see any counter types too well anyway
Curious: about how often have opponents asked you Not to use them?

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
lol: never. but they seem to evoke such strong emotions that I do feel compelled to ask. I'm not looking to make any statement or to offend: I'm just looking to play

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I've got a separate RAACO tray for the Broken Ground Design Black SS counters
Olli very kindly gave me a set of the original 'A Bridge too Far' Black SS counters but I just have them in the same tray as my regular Germans

Augie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, one can have the opportunity to use both blue and black SS in a scenario -- SP201 Doppleganger -- a scenario of SS vs SS

Wayne

Doing Plenty, Kinda Slow
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's almost an iron law of ASL that if extra or "optional" counters are produced, a scenario will appear requiring you have them.

So, I keep the black ones from ABtF.
And the original Finns.
And the [fill in the blank].
Etc.

kcole4001

Stray Cat
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Country
llCanada
If it becomes necessary to differentiate between separate forces & their leaders it would certainly be easier to see at a glance, they're ready in their storage box, but I haven't used 'em since SL days.

I prefer the late MMP counters in the regular German colours to be honest, but other games have used black with white print for Germans, so it's been a theme of sorts for a long time.
I always did like the bold red Russian berzerkers from SL, though.

I do also have some ss labelled dice, not to be fetishistic in any way, just to be more complete along with the other unit/formation/nationality sets of dice I have collected.
The precision dice in general do seem to be less streaky than most others.
The fancy dice and optional counters definitely add a little to the enjoyment for me.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
lol: never. but they seem to evoke such strong emotions that I do feel compelled to ask. I'm not looking to make any statement or to offend: I'm just looking to play
This is why you can use them.
Psychological warfare.
Offense is something you can't control.
I'm more offended by NQ being invoked.
But then I realize, he can't capture as easily...so that makes me happier. Is that something I should be feeling in times of Slaughter?

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
my Germans are divided into three seperate versions, normal Blue Counters the second Set blue SS and the third set Black SS all told my German 1/2” counters take up around 22 RAACO 32 fixed compartment boxes

thedrake

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Store my black SS in same Plano but separated by publisher. I do not use them much but will on occasion to represent different platoons in scenarios using larger SS OB.

Last edited: