W026 Phoenix Rising Japanese set-up clarification sought

Tesgora

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I am seeking a clarification on the Japanese set-up in WO26 Phoenix Rising. The situation is the following:
PTO is not in effect. But according to the ASL rulebook the Japanese should have some of their infantry force HIP (G1.631), they also have guns and fortifications that should allow additional HIP placement for these counters (A12.33 and A12.34). However, the placement instruction for the Japanese says explicitly ‘set up … concealed’. So I am uncertain if the scenario designer (Ken Dunn) meant either:
  • Set up concealed plus the additional specific HIP provisions allowed by the rulebook; or
  • Set up concealed only, no HIP provisions (the latter option could be to mimic the fact that the Chinese might have had some knowledge of the general Japanese set up historically)
Does anyone has an authoritative answer (I mean official or based on the rulebook) to this set-up question?

synicbast

ASLOK Junkie
Reaction score
First name
Peter
Country
llNew Zealand
It's a good scenario btw. Lots of fun to be had as the GMD player - caveat - as the GMD player try to avoid patralysis by analysis when planning your movement of all those 537s. Be bold...but not blindly aggressive. You have leaders aplenty to rally the 537s and they are 8ML when broken so they do come back quicker than you may expect. Don't forget about WP infantry smoke and the threat of Human waves.

Tesgora

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Gents,
Thank you for the clarification and the advice on playing the GMD side.