W.A.R.S. System -- Questions, suggestions, and feedback

Damon

Reaction score
First name
Damon
Country
llUnited States
Help appreciated

This is a wonderful addition to the hobby. We had a little glitch in the switchover, and you folks got right on it and I really appreciate it. May you (and the site) live long and prosper! :cheeky:

Damon

Reaction score
First name
Damon
Country
llUnited States
Ladder game reports

I am proud to announce I am now on the ladder -- but I do have a Question --

WHy are not all the folks on the ladder listed in the pick list for reporting games? I reported one, and I am still not on there. I have others to report, but can't put in the "opponents names".

Perhaps this will just automatically fix itself, but thought I'd ask.

Thanks and Happy Rolling!

Damon

CyberRanger

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Damon said:
WHy are not all the folks on the ladder listed in the pick list for reporting games?
Players are ONLY listed in the pick list who have joined the ladder via W.A.R.S. This was done intentionally to prevent the pick list from containing a large number of inactive players. To appear on the pick list, a player MUST first join the ladder via the above link.

Damon said:
I reported one, and I am still not on there. I have others to report, but can't put in the "opponents names".

Perhaps this will just automatically fix itself, but thought I'd ask.
You will never see you own name because you can't pick yourself as the opponent. If your opponent is not listed, email him asking that he join the ladder using W.A.R.S. I understand this seems like a real PITA. The reward is a much cleaner, smaller pick list that contains the names of only people who are currently active.

danstudentvcc

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hello Maddog.

I am alias LOGIC on the Steel Panthers Ladder.

Recently I tried to register on the ladder as per instructions with the change over .. confound it my alias was listed and when I returned two days later my reported game completions and alias profile were listed under someone else's alias and my own moniker LOGIC was deleted.

I've tried everything .. including checking with the other player who's info for Steel Panthers was contaminated by mine own record of win-loss.

What should I do.

Alias LOGIC -->changed to micLogic [including game completions]

Thanking you in advance,

LOGIC

Last edited:

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
danstudentvcc said:
Hello Maddog.

Recently I tried to register on the ladder as per instructions with the change over .. confound it my alias was listed and when I returned two days later my reported game completions and alias profile were listed under someone else's alias and my own moniker LOGIC was deleted.

I've tried everything .. including checking with the other player who's info for Steel Panthers was contaminated by mine own record of win-loss.

What should I do.

Thanking you in advance,

LOGIC
I'll get WP to look into this.

CyberRanger

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
WestPointer said:
Do you know remember if the Arab's are side 1 or side2?
Tiberius .... okay the Arabs are side 2. Which side did you play and what was the result?

CyberRanger

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
danstudentvcc said:
Hello Maddog.

What should I do.

Thanking you in advance,

LOGIC
Let me make sure I understand.

There are currently five games listed under micLogic. Are those your games?

What player are your other games listed under? Are all those games your games reports?

CyberRanger

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
WestPointer said:
Let me make sure I understand.

There are currently five games listed under micLogic. Are those your games?

What player are your other games listed under? Are all those games your games reports?
Okay .... logic -> miclogic -> danstudentvcc ... better?

CyberRanger

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
WARS Enhancements

We are pleased to announce a few enhancements to WARS:

• Search by Player
  • Comments and Entertainment Ratings by both players
  • Both players can edit comments and entertainment ratings.
Please note - you can also go back and edit these items for pre-WARS games! Enjoy!

CyberRanger

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
WestPointer said:
We are pleased to announce a few enhancements to WARS:

• Search by Player
  • Comments and Entertainment Ratings by both players
  • Both players can edit comments and entertainment ratings.
An unavoidable side effect of this enhancement is that any comments or entertainment ratings entered before the enhancement will automatically appear under the first player listed. Sorry about this ... but I think what we gain in the long run is well worth it!

camelot

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Help required

Ever since the WARS update , my username seems to have been inadvertinley taken over by another email address and username , i have emailed Staff@warefarehq.com a few times but have had no response , can somebody in the Warefare HQ hirechy please email me so i can give them my details.

Thankyou

Ian

email camelot@tnet.com.au

CyberRanger

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
camelot said:
Ever since the WARS update , my username seems to have been inadvertinley taken over by another email address and username , i have emailed Staff@warefarehq.com a few times but have had no response , can somebody in the Warefare HQ hirechy please email me so i can give them my details.

Thankyou

Ian

email camelot@tnet.com.au
Hey Camelot - can you tell me what name your games are appearing under?

Nelis

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
I've got a similar problem with my profile.
It has been a while I visited the site and i forgot my pasword, I wanted to mail it to me but there is no (or a wrong) email attached to my profile

Greets
Nelis

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberRanger

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nelis2 said:
I've got a similar problem with my profile.
It has been a while I visited the site and i forgot my pasword, I wanted to mail it to me but there is no (or a wrong) email attached to my profile

Greets
Nelis
Check your email for a password for Nelis. Once that works, do you want me to combine Nelis2 with Nelis, keeping Nelis as your name?

Nelis

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
Thanks!!!!

Nelis2 may be deleted. I only made it to post my question on the forum. Thanks again and greetings !!!!

Nelis

17poundr

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
italy 43 poundr vs dannybou mixup...

as I stated before, I and Dannybou had a bout in the italy 43 scenario.
By accident I reported it with the wrong amount of turns, and thus was awarded the victory points twice.
Dannybou's amount of fifteen turns is right, although i got the turns (13) wrong, I think my description merits keeping as a curiosity piece for people, and hope it can be integrated with Dannybou's after action report...
mrpoundr.

Welcome nelis.
did you know, that one requirement when joining these forums, is writing 500 words in honour of Field Marshall Montgomery?
good luck.
And welcome :cheeky:

CyberRanger

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
17poundr said:
as I stated before, I and Dannybou had a bout in the italy 43 scenario.
By accident I reported it with the wrong amount of turns, and thus was awarded the victory points twice.
Dannybou's amount of fifteen turns is right, although i got the turns (13) wrong, I think my description merits keeping as a curiosity piece for people, and hope it can be integrated with Dannybou's after action report...
mrpoundr.
I've deleted the 13 game report. Here is the comment you had entered.
I started by giving a warning that I was trying a 'what if' to see if the Axis could have thrown the Allies back in to the sea if full force and forget the rest, was applied.
I succeeded, in about three or four turns the Salerno troops had been severely decimated.
Then the allies suprised me, they did a new landing south of Salerno, a good consept.
And If they would have made it south to help the Brits and Canadians break through in the soutwest corner, it would have made an interesting game.
But alas Dannybou landed his troops too north, and my Salerno boys were able to catch up with them, and finnish off the annihilation.
And although the coming of the Armour from the southeast was giving me a headache especially as the way to Aviano was pretty much open after the front!
It was in the southwest corner where the Allies came closest to braking through, my troops were screaming red.
Also, I had very little forces defending the landing areas, only two regiments around napoli!
And around the Anzio/Rome beaches I only had a company per every second hex, of Italian infantry and some tanks!
So, by trying a ww1 style breakthrough in the southern line's, I had a very good situation all in all, (I sent re-inforcements to the south west.)
A daring seabourne assault on Napoli. Or even Rome would have changed everything.
p.s. I must say in this scenario the Luftwaffe is too strong.
I was able to bomb allied arifields on seven or eight successive turns, and I think this contributed to Dannybou having poor recon, and not knowing the beaches to the north were wide open!
Go HERE and you should be able to edit the existing comment, adding the information above, for the correct game report.

17poundr

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
WestPointer said:
I've deleted the 13 game report. Here is the comment you had entered.

Go HERE and you should be able to edit the existing comment, adding the information above, for the correct game report.
Thanks, like the burk that i am, I forgot to paste the text below, and wrote an action report that wasnt as good, but still covered the main points.
I am currently starting a game of op Crusader with Dannybou, this should be a juicy game as the odds are so even...
Report ot WARS will come in due course...
BTW... is the 5'th acg battalion, basically for similar reasons, or have you not ventured there.
I got the idea that ideas were welcome, but they did have a slot for strategy gamers (b company, thats where I can be found).
Maybe I should be asking this over there, but I feel the site is somehow made up of the same gang that writes on acg's pages, so just curious of what the idea is, if you know...
mr poundr...