VP Counter

Paul_RS

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Guys,

I seem to recall there was a counter where you could total up VP points by using a key to add or subtract? I know we have the Tray now where such things are done automatically but the counter was great for keeping track of PF usage. Looked for it today but couldn't find it. Anyone recall where it was stored. I'm running 6.6.3.1

Cheers

Paul

johnl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Perhaps you're thinking of the CVP counter available in each nationality's "?" tab in VASL Counters.

Attachments

Paul_RS

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Perhaps you're thinking of the CVP counter available in each nationality's "?" tab in VASL Counters.
That counter was in my OBs but isn't there now. I have 2 VASL versions loaded at the moment, 6.6.3 and 6.6.3.1.
What version are you using?

Cheers

Paul

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
No such counter in my setup, and never has been. You must have it from some extension that you've loaded.

Would be good to have it integrated into regular VASL, as it would be very useful. Similar counters to keep track of PF, THH, etc. would also be great.

Ahriman667

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I also cannot see the CVP counter in my VASL 6.6.3 (VASSAL 3.5.8) or 6.6.3.1 (VASSAL 3.62).

Paul_RS

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I did have them and I suspect it was perhaps from any earlier VASL module, 6.6.2 or earlier. Not convinced it was from an extension. 6.6.2 won't work with the more recent VASSAL updates

Ahriman667

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I did have them and I suspect it was perhaps from any earlier VASL module, 6.6.2 or earlier. Not convinced it was from an extension. 6.6.2 won't work with the more recent VASSAL updates
I noticed on Stewert's latest video that he used them for MP/VP/PF, so they must exist somewhere.

Neal

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
I suspect it was perhaps from any earlier VASL module, 6.6.2 or earlier.
No. It has never been included in any core version of VASL. Therefore it can only have come from an extension, and an extension that's pretty obscure at that, because nobody knew what it was!

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
No such counter in my setup, and never has been. You must have it from some extension that you've loaded.

Would be good to have it integrated into regular VASL, as it would be very useful. Similar counters to keep track of PF, THH, etc. would also be great.
Label in the counter means only one type is needed.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
No. It has never been included in any core version of VASL. Therefore it can only have come from an extension, and an extension that's pretty obscure at that, because nobody knew what it was!
I have been using it as a matter of standard.

As @Neal has posted above, it was created by @General Mayhem, who has - over the years - created several VASL extensions.

von Marwitz

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
If an extension is created in the woods where no-one can download it, does it really exist?