VOTG wrecks

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Playing the VOTG CG IV and have read the rules a lot over wreck recovery.

It seems that other than rolling a 6 (on two different attempts) nothing kills tanks permanently in the CG other than being burned out - regardless if the wreck is in another sides perimeter.

How do you easily permanently destroy enemy AFV once you have wrecked them?

The only things I can think of is FT (silly as you can break it), set DC and CC.

For CC I am actually not sure what DRM apply (other than immobile, no MG) as wrecks don't technically have a CE status.

Since nobody is in it do you automatically get ambush against a wreck?

Damn Russians pulled all 6 initial T-34's off the map on Day 1 (3 were wrecks, 2 dug-in including one with a disabled MA) which makes life a pain with the KV's also dug-in on Day 2+.

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How do you easily permanently destroy enemy AFV once you have wrecked them?
If you're referring to doing so during the Refit Phase then any enemy AFV/Wreck that is within your perimeter can be destroyed per...

V12.6082 RETAINED EQUIPMENT & SCROUNGING: All removed items, as well as all equipment left on-map, are considered Retained by the side Controlling its Location [EXC: hidden Set DC; see 12.6083]. Each such item may be Eliminated [EXC: an AFV becomes a Wreck or Burnt-Out- Wreck] if its Retainer wishes to do so, after any desired Scrounging attempt (D10.5).

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Technically a wreck is not equipment so I did not think this rule applied to get rid of enemy tanks.

Will use this for both sides if/when it applies after each day going forward.

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Technically a wreck is not equipment so I did not think this rule applied to get rid of enemy tanks.

Oops...you are probably right.

That's what I get for trying to answer a rules question...:oops:...:)

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Technically it IS equipment {See O11.2 for definition of equipment}.

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
A vehicle would be part of the defined equipment, however the question is over how you define a wreck.

Specifically as the rules allow you to recover your own wrecks but do not allow you to recover your opponents wrecks.

A wreck is not an AFV, so I am not sure that it meets the definition of equipment.

If a wreck is equipment then I can see how you can destroy them at the end of each day.

boylermaker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Note that during the scenario, you can keep shooting at wrecks for the purposes of burning them.