VotG SASL

CTKnudsen

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I have the RB stuff from ASL Journal 1, but it lacks a way to interface the rules with the Historical CGs, which is, let's face it, what I want to play, and I'm frankly too arsed to try and game up some rules myself! But from my haphazard reading around on this, I was of the impression that some changes had been made to the stuff in the ASLJ, and wanted to have a look at it. But for that I guess I will have to wait until Journal 11 comes out, and hope it is included.

As for the the GSASL, I have never really played SASL, and I will admit that I am having some issues learning the rules (plus it's been a good while since I have played ASL proper too, so there is a LOT of looking up rules as I go). So I would think I would need the day one trg for sure. Maybe in the spring? I am going away for four months for work in 3 weeks, so my availability will be pretty sporadic throughout the fall. But it does sound interesting, and a lot of fun!

achsah

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
this whole sasl business is a farce if I ever heard of one. if the hard working desighners and or converters of published rules want money my bet is I will make more betting those projects will never be released. in the mean time the authors hold on to their work denying us and teasing us I might ad with very sketchy information with some very cool screenys that I sure did not take. if they sighned any discloser agreements we are all screwed and I recommend either making the campains ourselves and using substitutions since for all the pro history stuff rulebooks are common everyday reading material at many dentist offices across our great land. yeah screw you mmp. my opinion is screw it...let the work proliferate enough say by letting one set of rules leak from some swiss Italian quarter city and see if mmp is serious about trying to squeeze turnups with Swedish business lawyers...yeah screw you mmp..that's my two cents..have fun gentlmen

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Stalingrad, please no more Stalingrad. :)
This Solitaire Campaign has been in the works for a number of years. It will see publication in an upcoming Journal but I do not know which one.

veron

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Just wanted to add +1 to waiting for RB/VotG SASL material.

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
this whole sasl business is a farce if I ever heard of one. if the hard working desighners and or converters of published rules want money my bet is I will make more betting those projects will never be released. in the mean time the authors hold on to their work denying us and teasing us I might ad with very sketchy information with some very cool screenys that I sure did not take. if they sighned any discloser agreements we are all screwed and I recommend either making the campains ourselves and using substitutions since for all the pro history stuff rulebooks are common everyday reading material at many dentist offices across our great land. yeah screw you mmp. my opinion is screw it...let the work proliferate enough say by letting one set of rules leak from some swiss Italian quarter city and see if mmp is serious about trying to squeeze turnups with Swedish business lawyers...yeah screw you mmp..that's my two cents..have fun gentlmen
what a hater. :)

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
tick-tock, tick-tock...

Any news on this yet? MMP needs to do another reprinting of SASL too, because so many guys are missing out on this special kind of fun.

afantozzi

Reaction score
First name
Andrea
Country
llItaly
tick-tock, tick-tock...

Any news on this yet? MMP needs to do another reprinting of SASL too, because so many guys are missing out on this special kind of fun.
I see that there is little interest in SASL. However, I think it's a great game. Any ideas to renew some interesti in it?

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Yes, we need to modify it so it'll handle a regular scenario logically with a more dynamic response towards the player's efforts... Time we put our thinking caps on, afantozzi, and get this done once and for all I think. ;-)

afantozzi

Reaction score
First name
Andrea
Country
llItaly
Yes, we need to modify it so it'll handle a regular scenario logically with a more dynamic response towards the player's efforts... Time we put our thinking caps on, afantozzi, and get this done once and for all I think. ;-)
That should be great! However, I was also speaking about SASL in general. It seems to catch little attention; most posts here are very old. Yet it is a very good and fun game.

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
That should be great! However, I was also speaking about SASL in general. It seems to catch little attention; most posts here are very old. Yet it is a very good and fun game.
I think it's very fun as well. From what I've read it may play too slowly for some because of being so chart intensive. It's been out of circulation for such a long time though, it could draw more interest now from the newer player base who have self trained themselves with Starter Kits. It's easy to learn and obviously works great solo, but MMP would need to reprint it. They're reprinting the map packs now however, so this would be a good time for a reprint.

One things for sure though, it won't gain any interest until it's available again...

Last edited:

afantozzi

Reaction score
First name
Andrea
Country
llItaly
I think it's very fun as well. From what I've read it may play too slowly for some because of being so chart intensive. It's been out of circulation for such a long time though, it could draw more interest now from the newer player base who have self trained themselves with Starter Kits. It's easy to learn and obviously works great solo, but MMP would need to reprint it. They're reprinting the map packs now however, so this would be a good time for a reprint.

One things for sure though, it won't gain any interest until it's available again...
What you say is very true. It needs to be reprinted. Maybe it could be reprinted in ziplock form to reduce costs. After all it only contains rules (not many pages), charts and very few counters. I think SASL is a great learning tool. I know may disagree about this but I find it very useful to review rules and check without hurry that everything is done properly. And, even if you sill make errors, it is great tool to learn at least the basics of many often-avoided rules sections (Landing Crafts, Night, Gliders...). And, after all... it is FUN! :)

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Exactly, take it slow, have sip of your drink and read what you need to, then sip some more and enjoy it. My copy came in a ziplock bag too, MMP had some copies left over minus the boxes and sold them cheap a few years back as a Black Friday sale item. I don't miss the box at all, I have way too many boxes around here anyways. <g>