VotG SASL

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Anyone know what the VOTG SASL was released in?
Last I read is that Tom Morin turned it over to MMP. We are now waiting for publication. Maybe coming to an ASL Journal near you...

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Glad to hear it, well done Jorgen
I believe that this (VotG SASL) is a Tom Morin project and also there has been no official confirmation of what SASL will appear in Journal 11 but Tom sent this to MMP early last year.

bkemp01

Reaction score
First name
Brian
Country
llUnited States
I believe that this (VotG SASL) is a Tom Morin project and also there has been no official confirmation of what SASL will appear in Journal 11 but Tom sent this to MMP early last year.
Right, Jorgen has worked on several other HASL SASL's like RB, BRT and Berlin.

Paullus

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Correct, this is a Tom Morin Project that I helped out with. MMP also have my RB and BRT Projects but I Think it is the VotG SASL that will appear, possibly together with my RB SASL Project as it will update the RB SASL in the spirit of the VotG SASL.

GerryM

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How unbelievable frustrating is it for SASL players waiting on SASL material. It seems ages ago since Tom handed it over. And now they have Paullus's stuff as well.

Gerry

daniel zucker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You said it Gerry. Its got me thinking that when I finish the "1st Division ETO SASL Campaign" (btw that's just a working name for the project) I'm going to shop it to a TPP or even Publish it my self.
They just don't think that there is any profit in SASL related product. The only way MMP would do any thing in a ASL publication is if there was a larger demand. the only way that would happen is to ask them once every 6 months for more SASL in the Journal and or offer them materiel.

Paullus

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Don't forget the addition of the expanded Finns in the HP module. I playtested that years ago and it was great fun :)

GerryM

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am curious Paullus if you have asked MMP if they are serious about your RB submission? I guess I mean how serious. If they just let it sit there for years it seems unfair to you.

And Daniel good luck with your project. I am out of ASL for a while but sometimes I think about getting back in.

Take care,

Gerry

Paullus

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Gerry they are very serious. VotG SASL brings new type of rules to make them work with the FtF Campaign Games in the module. Making this work in a similar way with RB was off course of interest for MMP. After that I took on BRT and with great help from proofers and testers I handed in what I think is a great SASL experience in the pacific. I have started on other MMP modules but they are far from ready for playtesters. I’m too involved in other projects at the moment to make them ready for playtest.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gerry they are very serious. VotG SASL brings new type of rules to make them work with the FtF Campaign Games in the module. Making this work in a similar way with RB was off course of interest for MMP. After that I took on BRT and with great help from proofers and testers I handed in what I think is a great SASL experience in the pacific. I have started on other MMP modules but they are far from ready for playtesters. I’m too involved in other projects at the moment to make them ready for playtest.
That would be nice if they published BOTH SASL VotG and RB in Journal 11!

daniel zucker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It seem to me that with both of those projects they might even have enough SASL to do a SASL type Journal stand alone. If they include a reprint of the SASL Missions in earlier Journals and Annuals there is a 40+ page magazine right there.

bkemp01

Reaction score
First name
Brian
Country
llUnited States
It seem to me that with both of those projects they might even have enough SASL to do a SASL type Journal stand alone. If they include a reprint of the SASL Missions in earlier Journals and Annuals there is a 40+ page magazine right there.
I'd be happy with an occasional update to the {A9} & {A10a} tables. Seems like an easy thing to post on their website if there isn't room for it in a Journal.

CTKnudsen

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Any update on this? I just picked up a gently used copy of VotG, and would love to play it with the SASL rules.

Since there seems to be no indication of when MMG is going to print the next Journal, assuming even then that the VotG/RB treatment is in it, are there WIP copies that are floating around that maybe I could get my hands on?

Thanks, and hopefully I am not stepping on any toes by asking.

Christian Knudsen

Jim Bennett

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Can't one just use the SASL special rules published for Red Barricades????
While I'm at it.... Kevin Conley from North Carolina and myself from Vancouver, Canada area have about 20 players involved with a GSASL campaign circa 1942 regarding a fictional Italian/German attack on Island of MALTA.

Looking for couple more players to start next week. Contact jim.bennett@shaw.ca and meanwhile check out www.gsasl2015recruits.wordpress.com

:nuts:

Last edited: