VOTG - SASL CGIV (AAR)

Ahriman667

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Gonna try and play through the big campaign using Tom Morin's VOTG SASL rules.

For my plan of attack I see three lines of advance. The north battlegroup will attempt to push towards the river and cut off the north edge of the mapsheet. The centre battlegroup will bypass the Railway Station to the North and attempt an encirclement, leaving the Station for later eradication. The southern battlegroup will move down Bohodenskaya and attempt an encirclement from the south.

The assault will be preceded by three aerial bombardments and a battery of Nebelwerfers to attempt as many S? activations as possible. Let's go.

Ahriman667

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
14 Sept - Day

GE Turn 1

Initial S? count has 305 black S? in Hold Attitude, and 222 Reserve (Grey) S? counters. The pregame aerial bombardments and the Rocket OBA pretty well landed on target and were able to clear off a significant number of S? counters so the troops would know what they are facing.
Scenario Start
End GE Turn 1
Unfortunately two of the StuG B PANICed and stayed off board, and large number of NKVD 628's and commissars were activated in the north and south, along with the obligatory Fanatical Strongpoints at key points (D3, H9, I10 and D46) which will slow the initial assault in those locations.
End RU Turn 1
In the North...in D3, the RU broken Commissar HoB to Berserk and then turns a broken 447 and 426 berserk as well, they then charge towards B3 (single GE 467). I managed to reduce the 447 to HS status with a lot of DFF, but in the subsequent AFPh, the berserk units caused the 467 to break which then routed northward using Low Crawl. The RU units then advanced into B4 and engaged the AFV/GE Units in CC. The RU also activated a 628/426 with a HMG in E8, and of course, the GE leichte MA malfunctioned. Because I had to direct most of the GE firepower in there to try and reduce the berserk chargers, I wasn't able to bring as much firepower to eliminate that RU stack. Also, note the number of NKVD 628 I've generated so far in this area.
Near the middle...RU SAN broke a stack of 2x467 and a leader. Meanwhile the advancing Germans activated more NKVD and Commissars in the Railway station (deviated from the plan somewhat to attack the north of the station, but may turn more North and bypass), which is going to be a slog, but luckily the 10-3 is keeping a hold of the troops. If I can get the AE and their flamethrowers close it would help gain entrance.
In the south...
  1. the GE kill stack in B47 broke the NKVD w/ LMG in D46 during the GE PFPh, and the StuG forced it too route to E47. Also the 426 in D47 breaks as well.
  2. During the RU REPh, the broken 628 rallies, and the broken 426 HoB to berserk.
  3. The RU PFPh sees the 628 break the GE 10-3 and 3x467 in the kill stack (moved into OG hex C47) which Routs away leaving the HMG.
  4. The berserk 426 eventually ends up in B48 engaging the GE troops in CC.
  5. Less than ideal start in the South....made me rage quit :) for a day.
CVP Tally

GE
16 RU 3

Oopsies...
  1. haven't played in a while so I ended up redoing the aerial bombardments (forgot about the pre-registered part).
  2. Given the range of LOS, number of S? and terrain I sometimes activated S? out of sequence. E.G. I totally forgot about the S? on the roof of the Children's Home.
  3. Forgot about the cumulative +1 DRM to the RU R3 Leader table based on R3a table rolls which probably would affected the number of RU leaders generated.
  4. To minimize PANIC rolls, I tend to group squads with leaders instead of spreading out more. I'm also going to try and maintain sub-unit cohesion (at least initially) rather than mixing and matching optimally. This seems more realistic than spreading out, etc., but will see me throwing larger stacks into the RU firepower, and leading the charges with higher rated leaders than might stay back with the MG's.

Steed

Reaction score
First name
Walter
Country
llUnited States
I made up some counters to help with the sequence of activations. I've attached the file (zipped) if you want to try it.

It's an extension so just place it in your extension folder. You can find the counters in "Counters" -> "Other" -> "SASL AC". Use "control-c" to activate/deactivate the highlighted area. Use "control-shift-a" to increase the range and "control-shift-z" to decrease the range ( right mouse button brings up the menu ). The IFT modifier will change on the counter as the range changes. The area that is highlighted in that country's color are the ones to check for activation. As the range is increased the lower ranges are grayed out.

Basically, place the correct counter ( Russian in your case ) on the moving stack/unit and you can cycle through the ranges to see which S? counters to check for activation.

I find them more helpful with scenarios with higher counter density.

Attachments

Phillip

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I made up some counters to help with the sequence of activations. I've attached the file (zipped) if you want to try it.

It's an extension so just place it in your extension folder. You can find the counters in "Counters" -> "Other" -> "SASL AC". Use "control-c" to activate/deactivate the highlighted area. Use "control-shift-a" to increase the range and "control-shift-z" to decrease the range ( right mouse button brings up the menu ). The IFT modifier will change on the counter as the range changes. The area that is highlighted in that country's color are the ones to check for activation. As the range is increased the lower ranges are grayed out.

Basically, place the correct counter ( Russian in your case ) on the moving stack/unit and you can cycle through the ranges to see which S? counters to check for activation.

I find them more helpful with scenarios with higher counter density.
These look wonderful - thanks for sharing!

Ahriman667

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
14 Sept - Day

GE Turn 2

The slog continues...
North Battlegroup
  1. In the North, slow progress is being made and German forces are beginning to reach the row of stone houses along Communalnaya. Hopefully they can begin to clear them in the next couple of turns. Picking up the RU HMG will help in that regard.
  2. Two broken 467's managed to rout to northern wooden buildings, so when they rally they might be able to bring encirclement fire to the D3 strongpoint.
Centre Battlegroup
  1. GE forces have stealthily moved adjacent to the AT gun and trench, ready to assault it on their next turn.
  2. Firefight between the Railway Station forces and the Germans is leaning towards the Russian forces; they have Fanatical Strongpoints on their side which is absorbing the higher German firepower.
  3. More broken GE units have to move rearwards.
  4. RU SAN is causing havoc to the rear elements, as many SAN checks are landing on my guys, and causing a lot of casualties. For my part, my snipers seem to be dozing.
South Battlegroup
  1. Looks like the D47 strongpoint might fall in the next turn. The 10-2 easily rallied his squads and they advanced forward into position to bring fire on the strongpoint.
  2. Both PANICed StuGs come onboard and bring fire upon it, while the StuG G bound a little further to bring close fire upon another revealed strongpoint in F46. I may have parked one to close to the new strongpoint though.
  3. The armoured assault along the south map edge is stalled and only 1x467 is left adjacent to the RU 426 in the foxhole. They just have to survive the RU PFPh.
RU Turn 2
Hits and misses...i.e. hits on the RU part and misses on mine.

In the North, many RU forces PANIC which offers some relief to the Germans. The GE 467 that picked up the RU HMG breaks from concentrated fire and is forced to retreat. Unluckily for the Germans, the commissar in I10 goes berserk during DFPh and brings the three squads with him (NKVD 628, 2x426) in the APh. Could be an interesting RU MPh in Turn 3.

In the centre, ineffective GE fire sees an unscathed NKVD 628 advance into CC with a HW Pl (3-1 odds for the RU), however the 628 flubs its lines (misses) while the desperate gun crews manage to kill the squad. The emplaced artillery gun also fails to cause any damage, and the gun crew and the accompanying 426 break under intensive returning fire.
The fighting for the Railway Station swings in favour of the RU as they break the 10-2 directing the attack and his accompanying squads. Leaves the GE with a 3x467 and a single 838 (with a DC) outside the North corner, with no way inside yet. The GE killstack in F33 fires at the 10-0 stack in H33, rather than F35 which would probably have been a smarter move. My mistake on targets.

Meanwhile in the South. As I figured, the StuG G had moved too close, and an NKVD 628 and accompanying commissar advance into CC with the it and destroy it in combat. At least the GE DFPh clears the initial strongpoint (D46) which will hopefully become occupied by GE forces in Turn 3. With the NKVD 628 in the street (albeit under the wreck) I might be able to eliminate them before they can move back to the F46 strongpoint.

Further south, the last remaining 467 breaks from the adjacent 426 (which itself is broken during the DFPh and routs away to a building). So that wing will have to wait to advance.

CVP Tally

GE
32 RU 16

Ahriman667

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
14 Sept - Day

GE Turn 3

The slog continues...

In the North, the fight for the Fanatical Strongpoint continues, as the RU troops resist all attempts to break them. A ring of StuG's and SdKfz 10\5 is hitting but missing on the IFT. Meanwhile the 3 RU squads are whittling down the nearby GE to the South and generally making a nuisance of themselves (aided by the Sniper of course).
The push along Communalnaya is being held back, as forces are pinned down trying to eliminate the strongpoint to the North, though they have almost reached Communisticheskaya. GE troops are preparing for the subsequent Berserk unit charge in the RU MPh.
In the centre, GE troops are two hexes away from Communisticheskaya, but the elements in the vicinity of the Railway Station are stalling due to many broken units (including the 10-3 with the Stosstruppe PL). The 1.5 high, fortified building in F35, is entered at the ground floor (the PANICed 628 dies by Ambush H-to-H) and more (just rallied) MMC's are on the way to support (1 has a FT).
At the Railway Station proper, the lone-remaining 838 with a DC is able to resist DFF and place the DC along the railway station wall; it fails to breach, but does cause a K/4 result to the 426 manning the MMG. The resultant DFF also causes an adjacent NKVD 628 to PANIC, and the 838 uses this to advance into Melee with it; however fails to eliminate the 628 and is stuck in MELEE. This combat will likely be reinforced by more RU units in the next APh however, probably should have used H-to-H against the NKVD 628. At least they have a tentative toe hold.
In the South, an MG kill stack reduces a stubborn 426, but makes it go berserk in the process. The next turn it will be advancing into MELEE with the adjacent 467. This pressure on the south end of the Railway Station hasn't progressed past the first row of houses (column D) however as the RU units are doing a good job of holding of the slight GE forces.
Also in the South, the victorious 628 and 8+1 commissar retreat back to the F46 strongpoint (should have fired on them in my PFPh), and in a mirror of the actions in D3 to the North, the strongpoint is resisting all AFV and MMC fire directed at it. Unfortunately one of the StuG B's broke its MA in the process.

RU Turn 3
The RU berserk units in the North are killed with DFF or in the CCPh (for the lone 226 that made it), but the biggest GE unit killer is the snipers, and the 10-0 led RU stack in H33. Honorable mention to a couple of pesky 426's, who are rolling real low on their 4 IFT column, along the width of the RU front. A lot of RU units rolled PANIC as well, which is helping to keep the pressure off the GE forces.

As figured, the rallied RU units in G37, advance into MELEE with the 838/628 and are held in H-to-H, while a 426 and 6+1 ldr advance into the vacant F36 location, stopping further penetration into the station (this was enabled by an adjacent 467 rolling break on a 4IFT from a 426, that otherwise would have entered the Railway Station). With 11FP (RU) to 8FP (GE) not sure how long the H-to-H will last.

CVP Tally

GE
51 RU 20

Last edited:

Ahriman667

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Thanks.

14 Sept - Day

GE Turn 4

North sector. GE PFPh finally breaks all RU units in the D3 strongpoint, allowing for a northern 467 to move adjacent and help eliminate all the RU units for failure to rout. A bit further south, however the GE units are being kept pinned down (again aided by a sniper check which Casualty Reduces a 548); however a single 467 manages to reach the I10 strongpoint and bring encirclement to the adjacent H9 strongpoint which sees the broken MMC therein Failure to Rout. The upper floor squad also breaks from the concentrated GE fire and will eliminated in the next turn unless they somehow rally, leaving the 7-0 by himself.
The set of stone houses on the south edge of Communalnaya are still holding out, as is the 7-0-led stack to the north in G5, and a GE Sniper activates a S? towards the rear of the S? line and activates a T-34, but the ensuing 1 dr on the CE crew causes it to be recalled on the next RU turn. Also, an RU Artillery Strike lands, but is immediately cancelled as there were too many RU units in it. The North KG is setting up nicely for a final push in the last few turns.

In the centre more progress is slowly being made toward Cummunisticheskaya, but a sudden string of trenches in the stone rubble springs up, halting forward progress for now. The trenches will have to be cleared one at a time with close combat, as the dense terrain precludes alot of PFPh attacks.
A pair of Stosstruppe manage to move adjacent to a broken RU stack in I33, and hopefully the wounded commissar there will not rally himself and then his troops. Also FT attacks on the H33 strongpoint manage to break the squads there over the PFPh and following DFPh, this pushes them back into the aforementioned broken stack (before the Stosstruppe moved adjacent).

In the Railway Station, hard hand-hand fighting sees the GE control F35, F36 and F39, while the RU holds the rest. The 838 that advanced into the F39 location activates adjacent S? and produces a KV1 M42 dug-in in G39 (which panics when it fires during its PFPh luckily), and 2 x 426 squads. Could be a dicey RU turn.

In the south, Strongpoint F46 is still holding out from all the fire pouring into it. Meanwhile the push on the north side of Kubanskaya (aiming towards the Children's Home) is making some gains, finally breaking the adjacent squads in E43/44, but they make off with a captured LMG from a fallen GE unit in a previous MELEE.

RU Turn 4

The RU rolls an RE, which sees one of the StuG G in the south to become immobilized. At least it had moved into position during its MPh to bring fire on a lone squad in its arcs.

In the centre, against all hope, the wounded 10-0 (in I33) becomes Heroic, and rallies two MMCs while reducing another. In the subsequent PFPh, the MMC break the two adjacent 548s which are forced to rout away to the North, and they then move back to occupy H33. GE FT attacks in the Turn 5 PFPh should see to that with luck.
RU Sniper continues to cause havoc in the North and the Centre, by either pinning squads, or in the case of a Hvy Wpn Pl killstack, kills a crew (already broken) and a broken HS. I think the biggest GE killer so far has been the sniper or close combat attacks.

In the Railway Station, the PINNED 838 in F39 manages to break a NKVD 628 and 226 MMC that had moved adjacent to the North, thereby preventing them moving into MELEE with the GE unit. The two adjacent 426's did not pass their TC to enter MELEE as well, so the unit survived...at least until next turn possibly.

Meanwhile, the GE DFPh finally causes some havoc in the F46 strongpoint, causing the NKVD 628 there to go berserk. It advances out under the nearby StuG wreck and will hopefully die there during the GE PFPh.
CVP Tally

GE
95 RU 36

Ahriman667

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Sometimes I hate this game :mad: or at least the random aspect which never seems to land in my favour...

A GE MC causes a SAN which randomly lands on my 10-3 kill stack, and RNG being what it is, kills the SMC (fails wound severity), and causes the HMG bearing squad to break (failing its LLMC). Almost enough to make me rage quit, though it should be expected.

Ahriman667

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
...you know what I just said about RNG, forget it :p:p this my last two attacks (FT DFF, Cmd Roll, Sdkfz 10/5 To Hit roll)

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Glad you didn’t rage quit or throw the table over in disgust 😀

I think Snipers are about the only tool in the chest the Russians have against these super heroes.

Sure am enjoying following along. Thanks so much for posting. I know it takes a lot of your time.

Ahriman667

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
14 Sept - Day

GE Turn 5

With the fall of the D3 strongpoint, the way is clear to move further East using the houses as cover. The 2 x Sdkfz 10/5 move to two hexes away from 2 x 426's and through intense firing breaks the squads and they rout out of the line of fire in the RPh. Meanwhile, the two StuG G's and GE squads in E6 break the RU stack in G5, also forcing it too rout eastward, and the stone houses on the Southside of Communalskaya are slowly being cleared by sustained fire on the inhabitants. The RU strongpoint at H9 is finally cleared of RU forces, and occupied by the GE MG stacks; they are now ready to bring fire on the unactivated S?s across Communisticheskaya.

In the North-Centre area the trench line is slowly being cleared, but a stubborn 226 takes a GE 467 with it in H-to-H; two of the our are cleared. A rogue NKVD 628 is running around behind German lines, and actually causes a GE stack to break, it then turns North to take out a pair of 247 HS that had just eliminated the 76L ART crew.
The H33 strongpoint is being whittled down and only a berserk 328 is left adjacent to GE MMC's and will charge on the RU MPh. The single 426 with a Lt Mtr in K40, continues to hammer F33, but the 10-3 is doing a good job with keeping the squads alive. Unfortunately an RU Sniper is activated, and randomness sees it land on the 10-3 led stack, who fails its Wound Severity dr, and subsequently breaks another squad. Further ROF from the Lt Mtr reduces the stack further by another 1.5 squads, including the FT wielding 838. The loss of the 10-3 will probably hurt in the following turns.
The Germans have a good foothold in the Railway Station, and now occupy 4 of the 6 hexes, though the dug-in KV1 in G39 will be trouble. RU units that are broken, are being forced to rout South or East to avoid elimination, and only a single RU 426 in F39 and the tank keep the Station from falling completely into German hands.

In the South, the push towards the Children's Home is advancing slowly, and a T60 is activated by an advancing GE MMC. The Concealed 548 then advances into CC with it hoping to destroy it but fails to. Another concealed 467 pushes into the unfortified location G41, and activates 2 S? and clears 2 S/ from adjacent hexes. In the following RU PFPh, all the ADJACENT fire is ineffective against the 548.
Strongpoint F46, which had resisted up to this point, finally sees the lone remaining 228 and 7-0 break from PFPh and are forced to retreat to the East, clearing the way to leapfrog forward a couple of buildings. The StuG B (D47 by-pass) breaks its gun permanently and in the subsequent GE Mph in Turn 6 will have to exit the mapboard. Other StuG B's in the area activate an NKVD 628 in a shellhole stopping the Germans from pushing through the orchards.
RU Turn 5
RU rolls an RE (36) for Reinforcements, but luckily avoids the other Reinforcement DR (roll under the Turn number) that could have been dicey. This time, only 9S? in Advance Attitude are placed along the North edge of the map and will enter on the RU MPh, however each subsequent turn, on a 1-3 on dr, a further DR worth of S? will enter the North. The North KG will have to reposition itself to deal with the threat.
Luckily, the two Advance Attitude S? that were threatening the 2x SdKfz 10/5 in F0/F1, were dummies and removed, however a T34 was generated in L1 that is quickly engaged by two StuG G's at a range of 7 hexes.

In the centre, several RU units PANIC and therefore are unable to fire on the slowly advancing pair of 467's, that are approaching their positions.
At the Railway Station, the dug-in KV1 breaks the adjacent 838 and forces it too rout away to the North freeing up F38 to be reoccupied by the lone 426 in the Station. An adjacent NKVD 628 also enters the railway station.
Near the Children's Home, the T60 that was in CC fails to break the 548 in combat with it, as well as a lot of adjacent MMC's that were unable to break the squad. During the ensuing CCPh, a 426 enters the combat and gains ambush, but is unable to kill the squad which then kills the vehicle. The 426 is now stuck in MELEE with the 548 in G43.
Finally, the just generated NKVD 628 in G48, breaks from point-blank fire from the StuG B and is forced to retreat one hex as it also became Disrupted.
In preparation for any subsequent Reinforcements, they will probably reposition themselves to occupy the houses along Kubanskaya to deal with them. If they can reach the factory (I47) by scenario end, they should be in good position for the next mission.

CVP Tally

GE
44 RU 133

Ahriman667

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Glad you didn’t rage quit or throw the table over in disgust 😀

I think Snipers are about the only tool in the chest the Russians have against these super heroes.

Sure am enjoying following along. Thanks so much for posting. I know it takes a lot of your time.
Definitely the biggest hinderance to the GE advance so far. A SAN 5 is proving deadly.

Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
You have some nice dice rolls there, indeed those Germans have to be real heroes
It seems to me you have a great time with them!!!
nice to follow, lovely game!👍

Ahriman667

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
14 Sept - Day

GE Turn 1

North Kampfgruppe...

With the awareness that Russian reinforcements might be arriving from the North any time now, the German forces reorient themselves to help mitigate (or at least activate S? early) their impact. GE PFPh activates a S? but whittle it down to a broken 447, but one of the Sdkfz 10/5' breaks its MA. That would make a third AFV MA that has malfunctioned, leading to two vehicle recalls. Hopefully they can get this one repaired soon. The two StuG G's bring effective fire down on the T34, first immobilizing it, then creating a burning wreck, with APCR and a CH from the last shot.

GE fire is also whittling down the defense of the stone houses on the south side of Communalskaya, and pushing them further down the road until only G7 and G8 are left occupied, with a single 328 holding down in the former. Also, a brave 467 advances into shellholes on Communisticheskaya and clears several S? counters in the process, but activates a nearby 426 with an MMG and another NKVD 628. Finally, also in the North, the two advancing 467 (G15) approaching a set of dug-in Russians are broken by intense DFPh, and are forced to retreat back to the 8-0 directing them.
Centre Kampfgruppe...
The lone NKVD 628 in the German rear resists attempts to break it, and it is able to force a MC on a GE stack breaking the 7-0 directing fire. Meanwhile, the slow clearing of the trench system continues until only the northern most is left occupied by a 426. However, it's PFPh strips the concealment from the 548 stack and then 2x328's across the street break (rolls a FATE again) the 8-1 leader with them. They survive the LLMC, but might be dangerously exposed to fire from across the street. Support, in the form of a Hvy Wpn MG Pl, is coming towards them and should be in position to bring fire across the street soon.
Before...
After...
The last remaining NKVD Strongpoint west of Communisticheskaya (H33) is almost in German hands, with a single NKVD 628 remaining in I32. If control can be gained it would make for a strong blocking position if the Russians attempt a counter-attack. Unfortunately, the remnants of the 10-3's kill stack, unable to rally, and further threatened by the Russian Lt Mtr, routs away, leaving a FT and an HMG on the ground. Also, the RU Sniper targets the Pnr Pl adjacent to it, in F32, kills the 8-1 leader and breaks an 838 too. A successful sniper check reduces the SAN by 1, which based on the number of 5's I subsequently rolled is probably a good thing.
In the Railway Station, another location (F38) is regained by a plucky 467, which resists point blank fire from the dug-in KV1 and an NKVD 628. More support is inching towards the station from the south as a 9-2 MG stack and a couple of 467's have the south end of the Station covered, bringing encirclement fire onto the 628, and are threatening the Children's Home, with the aid of a StuG G.
South Kampfgruppe...
While the attached 9-2 Hvy Wpn Pl supports the push into the Railway Stations' southend, and the Children's Hospital, the rest of the South KG is making good progress and only the Fire Station building is being held by Russian troops, mostly broken. GE PFPh and DFPh manages to whittle it down to a single broken 328 in I48, and a broken 8+1 commissar in the Fire Station. Attaining the Fire Station as a forward blocking position is vital to the German defense in this sector.

RU Turn 6
No RU RE this turn, and the continuation of reinforcement S? (RE from turn 5) is halted this turn, while other RU PFPh here has no affect.

The only eventful thing for the RU side is a Disrupted 328 in I35, going berzerk and advancing into CC after breaking one of the two adjacent 467 squads. However it is ambushed as it enters the CC and is killed before it can act. The Fire Station is now uncontested for the GE Turn 7.

CVP Tally

GE
49 RU 157

Ahriman667

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Doing a 2'fer today...

14 Sept - Day

GE Turn 7

North Kampfgruppe...
GE forces continue to set up for Russian flanking attempts, and pushing broken RU units eastward. Germans have reached Communisticheskaya in the North and will spend this turn and the next trying to activate Russian S? to clear the way for maybe a last minute push into buildings across the street. During the CCPh, the last Russian units west of Communisticheskaya are killed in CC by ambushing 467's. Also killed is the 8+1 commissar.
During the GE RPh, a broken 447 rolls boxcars and is eliminated, but the other squad rallies. The 8-0 will push them south along the railcars to clear column d at least of S? counters. From the southside, a single concealed 237 will attempt to clear up towards the North and possibly link up with the 8-0.
Centre Kampfgruppe...
The centre has been pushed to Communisticheskaya as well, and GE troops are well entrenched for a Russian counter attack. For this turn and the next they will attempt to kill as many Russian units as possible, but not venture any further east. The 9-2 Hvy Wpn Pl finally reaches the front (maintaining its concealment) and will unleash its firepower on the RU units across the road that had broken the 2x548's the previous turn.
A foolish move, saw an 838 dash into the Railway Station, and attempt to clear 2xS? counters, except that both generated a 426, and the second an MMG as well. This MG team broke the squad with a K/2 result, and sent the remaining HS retreating to where it came from. Luckily though, the pesky Lt Mtr in K40 was broken and disrupted so that will no longer be breaking/pinning the GE troops.

The fight for the Railway Station has devolved into H-to-H fighting, 2x467 vs NKVD 628, and a 467 vs the dug-in KV2. No result for the first round of CC.
South Kampfgruppe...
The south has also reached Communisticheskaya and occupied the Fire Station, while they control one wing of the Children's Home as well. Unfortunately, a fast moving 247 HS activated a T34 M41 in L48 and was subsequently broken by its HE attack. This occurred in the same hex as a stopped StuG B, which will be the T34's target in its next PFPh.

RU Turn 7
More S? are due to arrive (5 in number) along the North edge. Two are entering adjacent to a concealed 467, which PANIC's at the sudden appearance. However, the revealed 426 is broken with IFF, and the other S? is a dummy. Close call. The malfunctioned MA of the Sdkfz 10/5 is repaired in the RPh so glad to have that back on the gun line.
The way the North looks at Turn 7 End
There is a large pocket (or bulge?) in the centre of uncleared hexes. The decision to bypass this will hopefully not prove fatal in the ensuing Russian Counter Attack (likely to happen).

CVP Tally

GE
52 RU 164

Attachments