VotG Recovery of Dug-In Tanks

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Need some help here regarding the recovery of dug-in tanks.

Per V12.6214c "...Such a Dug-In AFV may never become Mobile [EXC: if subsequently Recovered and Repaired as per 12.6151d-.6151f]...

Ok...per step "d" I roll ≤ 4 on the AFV/Wreck Recovery Table...which means it is Recovered and the "*" note says it is "Retained; clear from map"

Is that it?

Or do we then have to do steps "e" and "f" for some reason?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I believe "e" and "f" cover different situations e.g., depending on whether the AFV is Isolated or not.

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I believe "e" and "f" cover different situations e.g., depending on whether the AFV is Isolated or not.
Hmmm...step "e" also refers to a Retained, Immobilized AFV in addition to an Isolated one.

Step "f" is just for Wrecks.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Hmmm...step "e" also refers to a Retained, Immobilized AFV in addition to an Isolated one.
Yes, but a Dug-In tank can't fall into both "d" and "e" categories - that's what I mean. Isn't "d" if it is "non-Isolated" and "e" if it is Isolated?

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Let's start over...with my "it is no longer around midnight after playing 4-5 hours perspective on things"... :giggle:

Here are the relevant rules:

V12.6151d) Each side may attempt to Recover each friendly non-Isolated immobilized AFV or Wreck (not Burnt-Out-Wreck) [EXC: recovery may be attempted for a friendly Isolated AFV or Wreck if it is able to trace a path of hexes free of enemy Control from its Location to a non-Isolated friendly Perimeter Location] by making a dr for each such AFV/Wreck on the AFV/Wreck Recovery Table below. If successful the AFV/Wreck is Retained in its current state.

V12.6151e) Each Retained immobilized AFV or manned, Isolated immobilized AFV must make a dr on the table below to determine if the Immobilization is repaired.

V12.6151f) Each Retained Wreck (12.6151d) must make a dr on the table below to determine if it has been repaired [EXC: NA to Captured enemy Wreck].

V12.6214c) "...Such a Dug-In AFV may never become Mobile [EXC: if subsequently Recovered and Repaired as per 12.6151d-.6151f]..."

So in reference to V12.6214c above...is that a roundabout way of saying the AFV is...in ASL terms...Immobilized...by virtue of being Dug-In?

If so (which I think it is)...then if successfully Recovered via step "d" it is now a Recovered, Immobilized AFV which then sends you to step "e"

On the other hand if the Dug-In AFV had become a Wreck during the CG at some point...then if successfully Recovered via step "d" you are left with a Recovered Wreck which then sends you to step "f" (and skipping step "e" in this case).

Does this now sound correct?

Thanks,

"Shut up brain or I'll stab you with a Q-Tip!"

Last edited: