VOTG Gutted Building Question

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Do you consider the G23 building gutted? On my map the depiction seems half roofed and half black spaced. I would say yes considering historically this building got crushed by artillery....

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Do you consider the G23 building gutted? On my map the depiction seems half roofed and half black spaced. I would say yes considering historically this building got crushed by artillery....
It is clearly Gutted on my mapboard.

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
When in doubt, its gutted out.

Mark DV
Ada, MI

Tom Morin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, building G23 is gutted (a gutted factory to be specific).

Tom

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is building B12 (Railroad Platform) gutted? This is another one I can't tell by the artwork....

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Matt-

Best thing to do is get your VotG maps enlarged, thats what I did, it helps a little, so I went ahead and highlighted where all the rail cars are at and the roofless buildings. Sucks to do this, but it makes playing the game easier.

Scott

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Matt-

Best thing to do is get your VotG maps enlarged, thats what I did, it helps a little, so I went ahead and highlighted where all the rail cars are at and the roofless buildings. Sucks to do this, but it makes playing the game easier.

Scott
I hear ya Scott, but that doesn't tell me if Building B12 is a gutted building....anyone out there know if it is?

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ya the building is a roofless gutted building, looked at my large map version under a magnifying glass.

Scott

Tom Morin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Matt,

I agree with Scott, the building is gutted. I had to verify this looking at my original playtest map.

Tom

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So,

Can we get a list of the roofless buildings?

Actually, it is really unfortunate that the map is hard to 'read'.

Specifically, it's difficult to see:

Sewer Entrances
Rail Cars
Roofless locations
(and to a lesser extent) standing walls in rubble.

In the future, printed maps need more contrast for features like this. We shouldn't have to use magifying glasses, 200 watt light bulbs, and playtest maps to verify these "details".

Tom Morin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sam,

I agree with you. It is regrettable that the contrast was less than ideal.

The .pdfs we used to proof the map were beautiful, with sharply contrasted features. The VASL map has good contrast as well.

I can put together a list of the various features; it will take me some time to accomplish this.

Tom

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
Hi!

"Can we get a list of the roofless buildings?"

Just a thought

wouldn't it be easier to get a list of roofed buildings? Seems like they are in the minority.

Peace

Roger

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sam,

I agree with you. It is regrettable that the contrast was less than ideal.

The .pdfs we used to proof the map were beautiful, with sharply contrasted features. The VASL map has good contrast as well.

I can put together a list of the various features; it will take me some time to accomplish this.

Tom
Tom and all,

I really appreciate Tom's assistance. Definitely "above and beyond" the call of duty.

And, I really regret the problems with the map. I take no joy in pointing out the issues.

All that said, VotG is awesome. Looks to be a fantastic product. In spite of these issues, VotG is looking to be one of the best ASL products of the decade.

Thanks, Tom and crew. My hat's off to ya.

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
Tom and all,

I really appreciate Tom's assistance. Definitely "above and beyond" the call of duty.

And, I really regret the problems with the map. I take no joy in pointing out the issues.

All that said, VotG is awesome. Looks to be a fantastic product. In spite of these issues, VotG is looking to be one of the best ASL products of the decade.

Thanks, Tom and crew. My hat's off to ya.
Hi!

I agree Tom has gone above and beyond the call....... It is too bad the map is dark. I think if it was lighter in color, seeing the roofless and the railroad cars would be a little easier. Though as I said in another thread if you go by the mantra "when in doubt its roofless" seems to work. The cars would be card for me to see anyway, as I am a short little fellow and they are all the way across the map from where I will be sitting (river side) for the CG.

Peace

Roger

Tom Morin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Clarification,

Sorry guys, F35 is not gutted. It represents the tower (either the control tower or water tower).

This is one of the 'victims' of the dark map contrast. I will try to get together a comprehensive list of what is/is not gutted within the next week (wife allowing).

Regards,

Tom