VOTG - Dug in Tank being re-HIP'ed at night

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Can a known armored cupola be setup HIP a second time to avoid having a known unit for releasing Freedom of Movement?

This is the first day night counter attack and the Russian wants to spend CPP to HIP a unit.

We know it cannot be setup concealed, but nothing specifically says you cannot re-HIP a unit in a known location.

Seems like a dumb waste of CPP (to me), but not sure if this a ruling on this situation.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Can a known armored cupola be setup HIP a second time to avoid having a known unit for releasing Freedom of Movement?

This is the first day night counter attack and the Russian wants to spend CPP to HIP a unit.

We know it cannot be setup concealed, but nothing specifically says you cannot re-HIP a unit in a known location.

Seems like a dumb waste of CPP (to me), but not sure if this a ruling on this situation.
HIP is a form of concealment. In most cases f it can't set up concealed, it can't set up HIP. However since O11.6194(c) specifically allows a dug-in tank to set up HIP, I'd say it's allowed, and even after date of purchase.

JR