VotG Cloaking for at start on Map units.

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
I couldn't quite make out whether this was resolved or not. I tried a google search via Game Squad: xxxx but it led me to the 48 page thread (which wanders hither and yon).

Do we have a confirmation that units starting on map in a night scenario use Cloaking or just Concealment?

Cheers.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I couldn't quite make out whether this was resolved or not. I tried a google search via Game Squad: xxxx but it led me to the 48 page thread (which wanders hither and yon).

Do we have a confirmation that units starting on map in a night scenario use Cloaking or just Concealment?

Cheers.
Only the Scenario Attacker can use Cloaking [EXC: unless otherwise by SSR] as per E1.4-.411. Since both sides set up on-board neither side meets the definition of Scenario Attacker and Cloaking is specifically denied as per the definition set forth in the Index for Scenario Attacker/Defender.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
V12.6254:
"In such a scenario, the Russians are always the Scenario Attacker and the Germans always the Scenario Defender, despite both sides setting up on-/off-map."

The same rule in Chapter O also has this sentence:
"As the Scenario Attacker, the Russians may use Cloaking for their on-map as well as off-map units."

I would hazard to guess that the intention in VotG is the same.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oops, missed (or looked past) the VotG reference in the title. Yes the Russians can use Cloaking per rule as Klas pointed out. Sorry to steer you wrong on the 1st answer.

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
Yup. A closer read of the Russian counterattack rules has these same references. Problem was that we went to the night rules first, which led to some head scratching after reading the VotG Q&A thread.

All good now. 👍

Last edited: