VotG CG3 FPP Question

pward

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Search didn't come up with anything relevant, but since I can't search for 'CPP', 'FPP' or 'CG3', I didn't expect to find it if this was answered before.

I recall that for CG2/4 there is an SSR that permits the fortification points to be setup outside of the defined area where the FPP and CPP are granted. NRBH for the exact quote, but the CPP and FPP that are OB given are with the group setup between D and J? hexrows (the 4 NKVD Coy). The SSR says reserves, guns and fortifications can setup east of the defined area.

In CG3 where the Russians are backed into a corner and stuck in 4 pockets, there doesn't seem to be a way to fortify the historical strongpoints in those pockets, since all the CPP and FPP are allotted to the NE corner main perimeter. A strict reading would mean that CPP spent and OB given FPP purchases would have to setup in the main perimeter.

Did I miss another SSR somewhere that permits FPP to be setup in the CG3 initial scenario in any Russian controlled location? (Provided of course its legal in a front line location and/or isolated location etc.)

Georgii2222

Really Groovy Frood
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK, I think I got it. It's right after the VCs and before the initial Russian OB:

CGIII-1 MISCELLANEOUS: Buildings F36, L38 and FF43 are Historical Strongpoints (CG11-11.1). Building FF43 contains a Cellar Location (8.)
Missed that on the first readthrough. It's kind of tucked away.

Ital

pward

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Right, I know that, but historical strongpoints aren't free to fortify, just to make a fanatic strongpoint. You still have to fortify each ground level location.

Hist Strongpoint = 10FPP to fortify each ground level.
BN Strongpoint = 30FPP per hex + 10 FPP to fortify each ground level.
NKVD Strongpoint = 10FPP to fortify each ground level, but it goes away as soon as the NKVD are gone. (And may revert back to a historical or BN strongpoint...)

Unless I missed something in the historical strongpoint rules.

Georgii2222

Really Groovy Frood
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Right, I know that, but historical strongpoints aren't free to fortify, just to make a fanatic strongpoint. You still have to fortify each ground level location.

Hist Strongpoint = 10FPP to fortify each ground level.
BN Strongpoint = 30FPP per hex + 10 FPP to fortify each ground level.
NKVD Strongpoint = 10FPP to fortify each ground level, but it goes away as soon as the NKVD are gone. (And may revert back to a historical or BN strongpoint...)

Unless I missed something in the historical strongpoint rules.
Ah, OK, I already misunderstood the strongpoint rules.

Georgii2222

Really Groovy Frood
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
in the notes for the Fort purchase table, it says that a fortified building location is the *only* fort that can be placed in an Isolated location. I'd say you can place Fort. Buildings there.

Ital

pward

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
in the notes for the Fort purchase table, it says that a fortified building location is the *only* fort that can be placed in an Isolated location. I'd say you can place Fort. Buildings there.

Ital
But that doesn't get around the setup limitation inherent with that particular section of OB. The CPP and FPP were given specific setup locations.

It makes very little sense to me NOT to be able to fortify the isolated locations, but I would rather have a specific say so from Tom. Or anyone else for that matter, if I missed a EXC somewhere that says it's ok.

In a normal scenario, if you get fort buildings with one group, and another group has to setup elsewhere, you can't move the forts to the second group...

Tom Morin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pete,

Pockets are still part of the perimeter, so you can use the OB given forts, FPP and CPP therein.

Regards,

Tom

Last edited:

Georgii2222

Really Groovy Frood
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pete,

Pockets are still part of the perimeter, so you can use the OB given forts, FPP and CPP therein.

Regards,

Tom
OK, they're part of the perimeter, but he can only place Fortified building locations, dummies, fox/trenches, etc. in the isolated areas, correct? i.e., no new units...

Ital