Voluntary Rout and Concealment Loss

Andy Bagley

Reaction score
First name
Andy
Country
llUnited Kingdom
A concealed leader chooses to voluntarily rout (A10.711) with a broken unit he is stacked with. In what circumstances does that leader lose his concealment (sorry, not clear to me from concealment loss/gain table)?

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A concealed leader chooses to voluntarily rout (A10.711) with a broken unit he is stacked with. In what circumstances does that leader lose his concealment (sorry, not clear to me from concealment loss/gain table)?
The leader retains concealment unless he spends (rout phase) MPs in the LOS of a real enemy unit. The broken unit could low crawl into a non-open ground hex, in reference to the potential veiwer, and the leader retains concealment. That’s how I would play it.

EagleIV

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would agree with Klas, Voluntary Rout is an any other action and the leader would lose concealment if any enemy unit can see him, including in the location they start the RtPh when he starts his action.

Andy Bagley

Reaction score
First name
Andy
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thanks guys. I think I agree with Klas, EagleIV and vor Marwitz. Although the examples of 'any other action' all involve no movement, these are just examples so voluntary rout could be included. This would presumably mean that the leader loses concealment immediately he decides to voluntarily rout, even if he then moves direct to a location out of enemy LOS.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
This would presumably mean that the leader loses concealment immediately he decides to voluntarily rout, even if he then moves direct to a location out of enemy LOS.
I think I would play it that he only loses "?" when he routs - not in the starting Location by the mere declaration.