Volga 3 & 4 , three years, Money Grab?

tmanmerlin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For those of us long suffering, meaning out of our money for three years, do you think these will ever be published?

They won't refund, saying we agreed to the contract to get good pricing. Childish as they have not held up their end of the bargan.

Hard to file with BBB as I can't even find the transaction from 3 years ago.

Do you think they will actually publish, and add some counters as they have suggested they would?

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
For those of us long suffering, meaning out of our money for three years, do you think these will ever be published?

They won't refund, saying we agreed to the contract to get good pricing. Childish as they have not held up their end of the bargan.

Hard to file with BBB as I can't even find the transaction from 3 years ago.

Do you think they will actually publish, and add some counters as they have suggested they would?
Caveat emptor unfortunately. ☹

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Are you sure you did not miss the boat? There were 4 bounce packs published that were at Stalingrad. There was the deluxe version and the normal geo board version. All had issues with editing, balance and other issues. Of course I was a sucker for that stuff lol

Last edited:

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nobody missed the boat. I think Volga 3 and 4 will be coming in January some time. It's been way too long but I am hopeful. They haven't let us down on a project yet.

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Been a pretty good December. I got GWASL 19 & 20 (Portuguese) and Infantry Attacks 2. Greats maps and counters and the scenarios look nice. I’m sure Volga will be out before CH Annual 6 (Vietnam) but both should be in hand next month inshallah.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does anybody play that stuff with you Bill? Or are you just collecting?

Been a pretty good December. I got GWASL 19 & 20 (Portuguese) and Infantry Attacks 2. Greats maps and counters and the scenarios look nice. I’m sure Volga will be out before CH Annual 6 (Vietnam) but both should be in hand next month inshallah.

tmanmerlin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
allegedly they will come out this month, not holding my breath.

I passed on the rubble series, just waiting for the Volgas.

WallysWrld

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
"Volga" recently getting mentioned in the emailers:

Per Friday Emailer (March 4/5)
"Following our timely foray into the Vietnam-Present phase of history, it's back to get the VOLGA series up to date. The aim being, with the above-listed gear in your hands by end of 1Q 2022, same can be said for Volga series, in 2Q."

Per Friday Emailer (March 18/19)
"We have plenty of work ahead, what with Volga series and a couple of dozen historical modules in the can.

Paul_RS

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
TBH I stopped by CH stuff many years ago. Utterly out of touch with what they are doing these days. I will be selling off a lot of their counters in the immediate future, just to free up storage space, along with some of their modules that I know will just continue to gather dust.

Paul_RS

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Well, at least you do gain something by buying their stuff, even if not playing it. ;)

von Marwitz
As an example. Over the years I have accumulated a number of CH countersheets. When sorting through the counters I found I had fifty six Su 76m Counters.

Now, unless I design something that would utilise that number of counters, the maximum number of Su 76m’s I think I can use any published scenario, unless I’m mistaken, is the monster scenario from The CH Berlin game (a good module BTW) where there are 14 listed across the scenario cards ( base counter mix has 6, I think). This is just one example. It stands to reason that most scenarios designers will stick to the base counter mix limits, or assume that if playing ftf that there may be an option to up the number assuming both players have the core modules.

I literally have thousands of counters that will never see the light of day.
CH counters are a mixed bag, some are very, very well done, others are not so good. Don’t know what the most recent counters are like as I haven’t bought any CH material for many years.

But, I’m sure there is a market for counters out there. Time to test that theory over the coming weeks.

cheers

Paul

tmanmerlin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am much happier with Bounding Fire stuff ( being in Austin is a plus for that) and had a great time playing the advancing fire Kursk.

The flier now says summer 2022. But I think they are so busy printing new stuff, like giant size and the new ASL counter look that I have not seen yet. So, likely will not come out this summer, but ya never know. I've asked again, a year to the date Maureen said there were no refunds due to the agreement we all took for the cheaper price. That is funny, as the agreement has not been held up on their end. But I'm sure she just sends out the standard line to everyone.

Imighthaveit

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I sent an email to RT about him missing his June 20th shipping date for Volga 3 and 4 asking if he meant June 20th 2023. I've been waiting for over 4 years for the stuff. I never got a response. So, I sent the same email to Maureen and a few days later I got an answer. They sent me a refund and canceled my account. So, I will never own another legal copy of a CH product! LOL!