Vinnie, pas très poli le gus...

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
When I'll understand a bit better the "flup up" thinggy, even if I get your point Vinnie, I will try to post something smart in order to reply to your thread (even if I am French and thus can't understand your slang and way of pointing out things). Maybe even corrected hexes stickers, don't know yet.

Of course, as the LFT editor in chief, you can fire at me all the FLAK you want because you are "dang" right about these 2 hexes and I am the only responsible.

Apologies to all of you who thought our Deluxe pack was an "amazing product"... Vinnie has shown evidence how terribly baaaaad we were.

X, un peu dégouté de la vie par tant de haine

Last edited:

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
A simple SSR which states that those two hexes actually are gullies ought to do the trick. It is perfectly obvious that they are *intended* to be gullies.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Don't think any corrcrive stickers are needed. We all know what these hexes are meant to be. An errata on the website should suffice for those of us anal enough to demand the hexes be treated as open ground.

For what its worth when I pointed this out with respect to the MMP maps they were of the opinion that nothing was needed. I think they are wrong by a strict interpretation of the rules.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
A simple SSR which states that those two hexes actually are gullies ought to do the trick. It is perfectly obvious that they are *intended* to be gullies.
They are not intended to be gullies but streams. They could be gullies as a gully does not need to cross two hexsides but a stream does.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Since they've got blue water in it, I'd have thought they were supposed to be streams.

von Marwitz

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
They are not intended to be gullies but streams. They could be gullies as a gully does not need to cross two hexsides but a stream does.
There is actually NOT a lot of water in them. Just a tiny trickle. If it were up to me I'd play them as gullies and then there would be no rules upset.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
There is actually NOT a lot of water in them. Just a tiny trickle. If it were up to me I'd play them as gullies and then there would be no rules upset.
MMP gully artwork has NO water in them while MMP stream artwork has at least SOME water in them. Taking MMP artwork as the reference, they're streams.

von Marwitz

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
(even if I am French and thus can't understand your slang and way of pointing out things).
It seems it is a Spanish flag next to your avatar. It must be a mistake.

X, un peu dégouté de la vie par tant de haine
Translation for the non-native speakers
A tad disgusted with life by so much hatred

Actually with the LFT sub-folder comes extra visibility.
And with extra visibility comes higher scrutiny and accountability.
This seems fairly predictable and normal.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I like the maps from what I have seen.

In actuality, the way the stream is represented on the map, is how I have crossed many streams in my Army adventures.

The steep slopes to the bottom and the 10 to 15 feet of water is really a pain to cross at night.....

But then again, others have their own views.

Kevin

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Hey :)

It seems it is a Spanish flag next to your avatar. It must be a mistake.
Tkssss... you do know me Georges :) You know that I am quite proud of my half Spanish side.... but I must admit that stating that I am French, it might be a bit confusing for people who do not know me. I tried to update my profile when moving here in Bioko, but could not find any Equatorial Guinean flag, where the official languages are both Spanish and French but only Spanish and local dialects (mostly Fang) are spoken.

Apart from this, the LFT crew is a mix of French, American and Argentinian, but mostly French. Thus my former statement, since I *speak* in the name of all of us.

Translation for the non-native speakers
A tad disgusted with life by so much hatred
Thanks again for all the non French speakers :)
In fact, now that I know the real meaning of Vinnie's thread title, I could remove that part since I am not disgusted anymore.

Actually with the LFT sub-folder comes extra visibility.
And with extra visibility comes higher scrutiny and accountability.
Not that true: with or without sub-folder, people praising or bashing us had the same opportunity to do it. The lone difference is that the threads are all regrouped in this sub-folder, which is really convenient of course (thanks again to the admins and our supporters).

This seems fairly predictable and normal.
Agreed :)

Cheers,

X

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I really did not mean any offense Xavier and am sorry if I caused any. It was meant to be a light hearted attempt at raising the issue.

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
There may be some slight confusion over 2 hexes, but it is still a FANTASTIC PRODUCT!

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don't see why those hexes can't be Streams, Wadis or Gullies. When a scenario SSR says they're Streams I'll play them as Streams. Whatever the SSR says, I'll play it that way.

The Deluxe Pack gave us two new terrain types in Grain Road hexes and Building Road hexes, and inadvertently gave us a third in Stream Start/End hexes if stated by SSR. I can live with that.

Nice catch Vincent.

Last edited:

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Hi;

I really did not mean any offense Xavier and am sorry if I caused any.
My bad knowledge of English is the cause... and I am sorry as well because I overreacted.

It was meant to be a light hearted attempt at raising the issue.
That's what I have understood later on.

When I'll be able to get in touch with Dave we will post something here and on our websites (LFT and Scenario Archive).

Thanks Vinnie,

X