Vietnam MOD

John Given

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I play it, and I love it. I also have some modded scenarios and some completely new ones I made.

However, I use all of Majog's modded files - the ones for Islamics, Muslims, Soviets, etc. Plus that nice patch that fixes all those bugs, I think it's called 1.02u or something like that (amplibious units now work properly and many light armored vehicles have armor increased to 3, and numerous other improvements).

Unfortunately, no one else seems to have these other mods installed on their machines, and, the Matrix version of the game will have a Vietnam component later this year, or so I think Jason Petho said once. Because of all that, I think a lot of folks are waiting for this new Matrix version, which sadly, could be a year away for all I know.

So, I continue to play my own, unique version of DG - Vietnam. Um, it also doesn't help that the modded files are now a little bit hard to come by these days.

billk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have all of Majog's mods and scenarios also,my version reads 1.02.
If you would like to play a game I'll take any side,doesn't matter too me.
Let me know.

John Given

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No problem billk - I'll send one over tonight for DG - Vietnam. I notice from your blitz ladder that you have been in a few DG - Vietnam tourneys.

Hopefully, the file will work for you. Remember, I patched mine with Majog's patch that corrects all those bugs - I also do not have the "no uphill movement penalty" bug any longer, wasn't sure if you did or not.

My e-mail addy is lamorak@bellsouth.net - I'll also look for a scen that gives you the advantage; I've been doing that a lot lately. (you can check that on the blitz scenario list)

Hope to game with you soon. :D

billk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Okay,sounds good too me. Is the parch on Majog's site?
Mine reads 1.02 not sure what the latest one is,hopefully we will be able to play.
Never went very far in the tournaments.