Vietnam project for Advanced Tobruk System -- what do you think?

Gen. blunder

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I'd likee to know what ATS players think about the 'Seven Vietnam firefight ' project for ATS.
Are they staunchely oppposed to it because ATS cannot simulate properly infantry combat in Vietnam ?
Or is the general attitude towards that project like 'Why not'.

philliesfan

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Not particularly sure what the "seven vietnam firefight" project is for ATS, perhaps you could elaborate.

Regardless, I would be interested in a Vietnam ATS module. There will be one for Dien Bien Phu as well as one (via a ATS Briefing Magazine) for the Arab Israeli wars so I don't know why one couldn't port the system to the US Vietnam years.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Critical Hit put out a Dien Bien Phu kit for ASL several years back. It should take much for them to convert over to ATS standards. :smoke:

Gen. blunder

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
philliesfan said:
Not particularly sure what the "seven vietnam firefight" project is for ATS, perhaps you could elaborate.

http://www.criticalhit.com/catalog/privacy.php?osCsid=91d473eb979c63046361312c66c6dbf5

5011 Achtung Panzer! — Rommel at Dinant -- Before he was the famed Desert Fox Erwin Rommel led the 7th Panzer Division in a contested river crossing at the Meuse during the Battle of France 1940. **BOXED**

5012 Seven Firefights in Vietnam -- Grunts and Viet Cong hammer it out in a series of pitched battles set during the Vietnam War. FOUR SEPARATE MAPS! **BOXED**

5013 Eastern Front—METAL GODS -- What ADVANCED TOBRUK did for the desert EASTERN FRONT METAL GODS does for Barbarossa..and beyond! Two large maps, an awesome terrain overlay collection, all the armored behemoths you need to play (uh, also known as TANKS) and 16 scenarios gets you started toward a collection of over 250 unique period scenarios to follow in METAL GODS Expansion Packs. **BOXED**

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wow-

The metal gods expansion sounds awesome, looking forward to the ASL version.

Scott

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
General Disaster said:
ht//www.criticalhit.com/catalog/privacy.php?osCsid=91d473eb979c63046361312c66c6dbf5

5011 Achtung Panzer! — Rommel at Dinant -- Before he was the famed Desert Fox Erwin Rommel led the 7th Panzer Division in a contested river crossing at the Meuse during the Battle of France 1940. **BOXED**

5012 Seven Firefights in Vietnam -- Grunts and Viet Cong hammer it out in a series of pitched battles set during the Vietnam War. FOUR SEPARATE MAPS! **BOXED**

5013 Eastern Front—METAL GODS -- What ADVANCED TOBRUK did for the desert EASTERN FRONT METAL GODS does for Barbarossa..and beyond! Two large maps, an awesome terrain overlay collection, all the armored behemoths you need to play (uh, also known as TANKS) and 16 scenarios gets you started toward a collection of over 250 unique period scenarios to follow in METAL GODS Expansion Packs. **BOXED**
Tanks rule in the ATS system, the infantry stuff is ok, but naturally I'm a little biased with over 20 years of ASL plus SL under my belt. Still, it is far easier to resolve large armor engagements with ATS than ASL anyday. So 5011 and 5013 are must haves for me.

The Vietnam thingy is a something I'll grab anyway as this as well as most modern topics in particular are grossly ignored by the ASL group or for that matter gaming companies of late. What would really be neat are scenarios like the Raid on Entebbe, or a Campaign thingy for the Mercs in Angola in the 70s! :smoke:

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
Well it's out (Hue) and it's meaty. The earlier Landing Zone X-Ray has been redesigned as Broken Arrow.

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
Broken Arrow. 4 panels with quite a bit of overlap..the consequence of CH going to very large panels. Revised o.b. for 7 scenarios. Scenario 7 is now much tougher for the 7th cavalry to survive. We could have been talking about Moore's last stand today.

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
ATS Hue. 15 scenarios. 9 12.5x18 inch map panels + a one panel An Cuu map. 2 large countersheets of 5/8 in counters. 1 large 3/4 in counters. And that's the standard size version. Monster Hue is ) I believe) 18 panels. Only scenario #15 requires entire map.