der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Most recently four days ago.

http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthread.php?t=79681

Anyone who bids more than 30 dollars are so for these is an idiot in my opinion. A fool and his money are soon parted.

For those of you curious about these Vietnam modules, I have sent the seller a question via ebay, and received a response. Thought you all might be interested, so I thought I'd share it with you all:

It says you are "planning to produce" these, yet the first one got bid through the roof as if it was a rare collectible, and this one too. What is the story - will these be available on a regular basis in future? You mention three modules. I don't want to buy just a part 2 if I can never get the part 1.
Hi. First of all every module is a stand alone module; in other words you do not have to own Module One to play Module Two.

Second, it takes 8 to 10 man hours to "produce" a module of this magnitude. I have to print out the counters on my personnel printer, cut off the excess paper, mount them on thick cardboard, cut out the template, paste on white backing, if necessary or paste on the back of the counters (not easy); laminate the front and the back and then, using a Carl Rotary Cutter model 220, cut out each unit individually. And, if something does not meet my expectation of quality (if I screw up), I have to do it all over again. Not to mention printing the rules and printing and cutting out the overlays. So, yes, we plan on, time permitting, producing these modules as long as there is an interest in the market for them and as long as my partner, Wild Bill Wilder is able to keep on inventing new modules.

And third, the reason the first one got bid through the roof as if it was a rare collectible is, because, as far as I know, no one ever put out an ASL module about the U.S. involvement in Viet Nam. Not to mention over 500 mounted and laminated units AND an overlay! Tom
So basically, the guy that bid the first module up to 150 bucks was, as we guessed, foolish for doing so, as they will be putting this up at regular intervals.
Amazing the information you glean when you, like, rub your brain cells together and send the vendor a question instead of simply bidding away blindly.

http://www.tacticalwargamer.com/boardgames/advancedsquadleader/tpp/glorygrief.htm

Last edited:

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
These have been popping up one at a time lately on eBay. It is not rare and seems to be a marketing scheme to sell them one at at a time to push up the price. This is a single person's production apparently. If you search the thread there is some discussion about the values of the infantry. I would not pay high prices for this.