Vietminh/Vietkong/NVA ready Reference sheet I made.

Dwindham

Reaction score
First name
Daniel
Country
llUnited States
I made a Vietminh/Vietkong/NVA ready Reference that is a combined adobe PDF that attaches all the rules for the Viets pulling direct copies from ASLRB V2. It is too big to attach to this forum if you send me a dm with your email I'd be happy to send a copy for free. It also includes examples of how to do the banzai/human wave attack and the PTO terrain information. Please keep min mind the rules for the Viets change from the 04 DBP game and the 2017 version. I pulled from the 2017 version.
Cheers!

DW

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Do these rules apply to just the campaigns vs the US in the 60s/70s or do they apply to the French Indochina campaigns? I play Dien Bien Phu and would be interested in seeing if the rules are meant to cover that period too.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Do these rules apply to just the campaigns vs the US in the 60s/70s or do they apply to the French Indochina campaigns? I play Dien Bien Phu and would be interested in seeing if the rules are meant to cover that period too.
Hi Steve,

They are not really new rules. What Daniel has done is compile all the ASL rule book stuff which applies to scenarios featuring the Vietcong and Vietminh into one file. You already have what is being offered.

Dwindham

Reaction score
First name
Daniel
Country
llUnited States
This is hard to answer. You have essentially many different version of DBP from critical hit.
The 2004 Vietminh has different rules from the 2017 current edition.
The 2017 vietminh/kong/NVA all have the same rule sets. So I based my cheat sheet off of the 2017 release.
Another version of DBP will probably be released in our life time with yet more modified rules.
I wish that wasn't the answer but it is the truth.

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi Steve,

They are not really new rules. What Daniel has done is compile all the ASL rule book stuff which applies to scenarios featuring the Vietcong and Vietminh into one file. You already have what is being offered.
Ah...understood. Thanks for letting me know!

gorkowskij

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
BoC is "Best of Conscripts." Those are the "best" scenarios from the DC Conscripts ASL club; we've made 20 or so in total over the last five years. Thanks for asking.

gorkowskij

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is interesting. As not a CH release what counters and rules are used for the scenario?
This is a product of the DC Conscripts ASL club. We had a quarterly newsletter that included a scenario for several years running. In transition now. Anyway, there are no elaborate "campaign rules" as such. One of the strengths of ASL is that you really don't need a lot of additional rules at this point. Indo-China, for example, can be modeled with the standard ASL rules without heaping on a whole bunch of added "flavor." Just mix and match existing stuff as we did in the SSR for "Inside the Wire."