Video with full VASL Setup instructions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicho11

Reaction score
First name
Jason
Country
llAustralia
I am trying to install VASL on my iMac running 10.15.5 Catalina. I have managed to download and install Java (after much ado). I have downloaded the VASSAL engine 3.3.1 and then downloaded the VASL module. However when I try to import the module into the Module Library I get an error message. It says the version of VASL is incompatible with VASSAL 3.3.1 and suggests I load that version with VASSAL 3.1.20. Is anyone else having trouble with this and does anyone have any ideas as to what I am doing wrong? VASSAL 3.1.20 was launched in 2012 and I can't see that that would be the correct version.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
VASL 6.5.0 and 6.5.1-beta work with vassal 3.1.20.

Vassal3.3.1 was just released and we are still doing comparability trials. It will not work with 6.5.0 and 6.5.1-beta.

Nicho11

Reaction score
First name
Jason
Country
llAustralia
So when I try to download the 3.1.20 version I get told that is not compatible with the version of Java I have installed. Then I can't uninstall Java. Ahrrgh! It's too hard.

uckelman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
"3.1.20" is coming from a bad message in 3.3.0; we missed updating it. It's already fixed in the development build, and that fix will be in the 3.3.2 release.

The correct version of VASSAL to use with VASL 6.5.0 at the time I'm writing this is 3.2.17.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
The original post is out-of-date and the newer VASL 101 Video series is more relevant. For that reason, I am closing this thread and un-pinning it.

Status
Not open for further replies.