Video from the 2011 Canadian ASL Open

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
Nice, Chris' haircut reminds of some retired NCO ASL player I am acquainted with in the Raleigh Area. Good to put names to people. If they show up at ASLOK, I have a 50% chance of getting the name correct (without looking at the particpant's badge). Got to love the decor in hotel meeting rooms. Makes the Scandinavian Open somewhat unique given it's held in the attic of an Arms Museum.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sunderman(?) v. Lindlbad(?)

Whoever is on the right in the blue shirt looks in profile a bit like Major Winters....i.e.....the actor Damion Lewis (who played Winters).

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
GREAT video...but rolling in a box top.........FLAG!!!!!!!.......unsportsmanlike conduct.........
i played Rob at CASLO and it was not that offensive

he has a Backgammon like cup and turns it over on the 'box' sort of like in a Mark Evans type style

go easy, i almost got him convinced to come to Albany (he just has to convince the Mrs now) so don't go scaring'm off

kempenfelter

Motivational Speaker
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Liked the pans alot...it was like I was there...wait a minute, I was there...hope to see everyone in Winnpeg in 2012...

Rob MacDonald

Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llCanada
I had my dice cup handy too!

It is not a box top, but a felt lined custom dice tray. I prefer the muffled sound of incoming dice rolls to the jattering rattles of plastic on plastic/glass.

As for getting to Albany, it not a problem with the Mrs. We are planning to be in Boston for the US Thanksgiving, and if not obligated to go on to Halifax for my father's 90th BD (4th Nov), I would like
to drop on you guys on my way back home.

Rob

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Nice, Chris' haircut reminds of some retired NCO ASL player I am acquainted with in the Raleigh Area.
Poser! Unfair comparison. The SOLDIER in the Raleigh area does not belong in the same category as that mercenary from Ottawa.

As I understand it, that Canadian guy was only in it for the money, travel and abuse. I imagine that if he had to do it all over again, he would have joined the air force and stayed in five-star hotels in Nairobi rather than live in some hole in the ground like the esteemed paratrooper from NC did. :salute: