Victory Conditions - OB4 Headhunting for Bloody Huns

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The victory conditions for the Germans state they get CVPs for killing Kiwis, double CVP for exiting North, and VPs for remaining German units on board. Having just played it today, shouldn't the Kiwis get CVPs for killing Germans. Does the victory conditions have to actually say that? I mean...How do the Kiwis actually have a chance if they can't amass any CVPs of their own? Kill all 15 squads when they drop in the first turn?

Last edited:

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The Allies don't need ANY CVP, only the Germans do.
Well, I think the only way they can win is to kill every paratrooper while they are still in the air then. Though I must admit, my opponent got lucky with 2/3 of his sticks landing away from the field of fire.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This one has always been balanced quite well. Played it a couple of times myself and would gladly play it for kidneys. Well, maybe gladly playing for kidneys is a stretch...

Running around looking for arms canisters can be taxing for the Germans.

lluis61

Reaction score
First name
Luis
Country
llSpain
I've played (and lost) this scenario (with Germans). I didn't see any problem with VC. Germans do it, they win. Don't achieve'em, they lose. And @Perry and @Carln0130 are both right.
[Edit] BTW, this scenario is a beauty. Word of a player that lose it and even so, was delighted to play it.

Last edited:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
The victory conditions for the Germans state they get CVPs for killing Kiwis, double CVP for exiting North, and VPs for remaining German units on board. Having just played it today, shouldn't the Kiwis get CVPs for killing Germans. Does the victory conditions have to actually say that? I mean...How do the Kiwis actually have a chance if they can't amass any CVPs of their own? Kill all 15 squads when they drop in the first turn?
The NZ "do" have to kill Germans, in order to prevent the Germans from meeting the VC. They just don't get points for it.