Vichy French in VASL

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Vichy French in VASL use the regular French concealment counters. This is a problem, since it is easy to see which counters are real and which are dummies. They need to have the correct two tone, ? counters.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I see what you mean. Hitting Ctrl-C brings a French "?" counter, but yet VASL gives Vichy French "?" for dummies.

Aren't Vichy French meant to use German concealment counters when in cardboard? Perhaps VASL should make Vichy counters conceal with German "?" and give German "?" for dummies?

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is in the cue to get fixed. Along with the Chinese from KFW.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There was another thread I started discussing this as I was working on the CdG addition to the core VASL module. Since there aren’t any Vichy colored 5/8” counters, I made the 1/2” counters match by making them all ? with French ? counters. Couldn’t find anything in the rules on this. But several folks have since chimed in that this is wrong so I’ll get this fixed.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
There was another thread I started discussing this as I was working on the CdG addition to the core VASL module. Since there aren’t any Vichy colored 5/8” counters, I made the 1/2” counters match by making them all ? with French ? counters. Couldn’t find anything in the rules on this. But several folks have since chimed in that this is wrong so I’ll get this fixed.
Vichy French counters are two toned with German blue on the frame. I suspect they are meant to be used with German "?" counters. They do use some German SWs (A25.58).

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Here is the thread where this was discussed along with other combinations needed:

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Where are the Vichy infantry located in VASL? I looked, but couldn't find them. I am sure they are right in front of my nose.