Vic Provost needs your help

sdennis

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What kind of employer lets go of a person who falls ill like this? We need to call out some a$$hole$.
Only Vic can tells us if they are a$$hole$... I'm a software engineer. If I lost my ability to type or reason logically how can my company still employ me? My company has a very good LTD policy for these cases but not all companies do...

No excuses if they did screw him but we don't know the details...

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Actually they are very nice people who will give me a severance package to go with the disability.

It won't be a ton of money but I won't be destitute once things get sorted out.

It is just getting to that point as early retirement screws me over by a few hundred $ while waiting for the disability process to play out which can take 3 to 6 months after early retirement kicks in on my 64th birthday later this year.

The Go Fund Me account keeps the bills paid and food on the table in the meantime and again we can't Thank everyone enough for their generous donations, we would be going down with the ship without them.

Thanks again from the bottom of our hearts, Vic and Donna.

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
Actually they are very nice people who will give me a severance package to go with the disability.
Vic, I should apologize for being a black cloud on your thread. To restate more positively, if any people on my team were in your situation, I would lay my body down on the HR tracks to stop that train. Sick good people are still good people.

Keep hammering on your comeback, man. Cheering from the sidelines.

- G

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
No Biggie George, the community as a whole has been great keeping us afloat and my boss will do something nice as well.
I was within 2 years of retiring and this damn bug speeded up the process, not the way I would have wanted, LOL! Vic.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
All kinds of stuff coming up in the next month with rehab, tests, meeting with my lawyer and getting the process moving in a forward direction.

Your donations are helping big time as we wait for all this to play out.

Thanks again to everyone who has donated already and those that will, you are the best and I could never ask for better friends than the greater ASL Community, your friend and ASL Comrade, Vic.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Hi guys, still on the long road of rehab but doing a little better every day, I'll look forward to seeing many of my friends The Bunker Bash later next month.

Thanks again for all the Go Fund Me $ that has come in so far and any that comes in in the coming months. Your contributions are still appreciated.

Due to various reasons Dispatch #47 will be a bit later, look for it later this Fall or early in the Winter.

Thanks again for your continued contributions, interest and support, Dispatches from the Bunker will continue on in any event in 2019 at the latest.

Your ASL Comrade, Vic.

Danno

Ost Front Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bumping up. The September 15 Kansas City ASL Club game day will be a play-a-thon for this Go Fund Me. We are playing Dispatches scenarios all day and into the night and collecting donations per game for this fund. Helping make progress in the last 25% of the goal. If you are anywhere near KC next Saturday PM me for details.

Danno

Last edited:

Tom Morin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Danno,

You guys are awesome! I want to say on behalf of Vic a HUGE thanks to you and the members of the Kansas City ASL Club.

All the best,

Tom

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Thanks again for the kind words Tom and everyone, we still can use the donations as we wind our way through this whole process.

But you guys have been great in every way you can and it is much appreciated!!! Vic.

Danno

Ost Front Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bumping up. The September 15 Kansas City ASL Club game day will be a play-a-thon for this Go Fund Me. We are playing Dispatches scenarios all day and into the night and collecting donations per game for this fund. Helping make progress in the last 25% of the goal. If you are anywhere near KC next Saturday PM me for details.

Danno
Six players are out at the play-a-thon for Vic. Good day of ASL for a good cause.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Hi guys, just wanted to get this back on the front page and hopefully someone who has not seen the thread will check it out and maybe send a little money to our Go Fund Me page as it has been quiet for awhile and still need some money to bridge the gap while waiting for Disability and/or early retirement.

Thanks for your help as always.

Also due to my financial issues and cognitive impairment I am looking at publishing Dispatch #47 either around the Holidays or in January so hang in there, I will get everyone their issues in time.

Thanks again for whatever you can send my way and for more Dispatches to come, your ASL Comrade, Vic.

hoxson1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Vic, hope things are progressing. Just paypaled you something towards your goal.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oh, man, I just saw this. Get well soon, Vic. It sounds like you're making great progress and have a good support system in place. Sent a little something on the GoFundMe. Thanks for all your help in the past.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Thanks James and everyone who has donated so far, you guys are helping to keep our boat afloat.

Good news is my disability has already been approved, the bad news is I have to wait until the end of January to start seeing it.

So we can use whatever $ can still come our way.

My health update is about the same, good and bad days, feeling a bit better than a month or 2 ago but still not right. Hope 2019 is much better.

Still working on the newsletter, look for #47 around or just after the Holidays.

I'll post another update before Thanksgiving.

Thanks again, you guys are the best, (Especially Tom Morin :) Vic,

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Just wanted to say safe travels to Tom Morin as he heads back to Florida for the Winter.

I look forward to getting our regular VASL sessions going again once he arrives.

For anyone unaware of what happened to me this summer see the beginning of this thread.

Look for Dispatch #47 around the Holidays.

Thanks again for your continued interest and support, Vic.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Vic

Good to hear your much better. Also, am I still subbed to your great little ASL zine? I cant remember if I am or not lol.