Vic Provost needs your help

Tom Morin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
On behalf of Vic, I wanted to thank everyone for their kind words of support and donations. Vic and his girlfriend Donna were overwhelmed by the response and generosity of everyone, and they want to convey their utmost gratitude.

It makes me proud to be a part of such a community.

Thank you so much guys.

Tom

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Hello Everyone, Vic here, finally able to reply a bit after this life-altering health scare that almost killed me.

Soon after Memorial Day weekend I was bit by a deer tict and did not know for 5 days until the symptoms kicked in.

Into the ambulance with Anaplasmosis leading to heart and kidney failure along with meningitis and encephalitis.

The stellar crew at Baystate Medical saved my life and an induced coma followed. I was on a ventilator for a week.

I woke up a 'damaged case' as the great Lemmy Kilmister of Motorhead sang a long time ago.

I now walk with a cane and will be doing therapy for my physical and minor speech issues for awhile.

I also have cognitive impairment and short term memory loss to work through.

What I do have in a positive way is he great support of the greater ASL Community, I could not ask for better friends and have been amazed by the tremendous support.

We still need whatever help is available going forward as it will be awhile before we nail down the disability I need, might need early retirement first to keep the ship afloat but the former will be a better benefit. I'm sure we'll make it through somehow.

In any event, Thanks again for all your warm thoughts and prayers and whatever you can spare.

I love you all, Your ASL Comrade, Vic.

P.S. I am planning on staying in this hobby and publishing Dispatches from the Bunker as long as I draw breath. Look for Issue #47 sometime in October with a lot of help from my right-hand Tom Morin (no better friend ever existed).

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Also I have to go back and make sure my records are up to date, that swill come in time.

Enough for today, back to bed for a bit, Vic.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Hey, welcome back Vic. I'm very happy to see you have not lost your fighting spirit!

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Wow Vic!!! So good to see your messages and all, what a truly scary experience! I am humbled by the spirit and the grit I see coming through your messages.

Keep well Vic. All the best to you and yours.

Warm regards, Jack

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
It is good to see you back, Vic.
I hope and pray that your health improves and that your trial will only be a memory.

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
(...)
P.S. I am planning on staying in this hobby and publishing Dispatches from the Bunker as long as I draw breath (...).
hello Vic, like your "avatar" King Theoden did at Helm's Deep, I'm sure you'll charge at the enemy and win your battle

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
Praying for strength to you and yours during your recovery

Peace

Roger

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Hi guys, I'll post as time, and my rehab permits but again, Thanks for all your support so far and through my struggle to come back from this evil thing.

Doing a little better each day,

Look for another update in the next week, your ASL Comrade, Vic.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Hi guys, just giving an update on the newsletter. I Really could use the business if you are missing issues, need to get caught up, want to order the WORKs (all back issues & a 4 issue subscription) or want to jus try out Dispatches.

I will continue to take orders for subscriptions, starting with current Issue #46.

I will leave the price the same for the most part for now but once #47 is released later this Fall there will be a price increase, see my post in the ASL Emporium for complete details.

http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?forums/the-asl-emporium.395/

Any questions send to:

aslbunker@aol.com

Thanks again for any business you send my way and for your continued interest and support, Vic.

Tom Morin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Guys,

Here is the latest update from his girlfriend Donna:

Vic is home! He has overcome.some unbelievable obstacles and continues to fight his way back every day. As I've said before "Life is tough. Vic is tougher!"
The incredible generosity of Vic's friends and ASL gaming community has been an unbelievable blessing to Vic and myself. For those of you who don't know me, I'm Donna, Vic's " Significant Other" ... lol.
Vic has started going for rehab twice a week. He's attending numerous doctor's appointments and works every day to regain his strength and cognitive functioning. Because of his deficits, Vic has lost his job and is unable to work. The money you've all donated will be used to pay rent, utilities and daily living expenses as well as innumerable bills as they roll in. The funds you have, and continue to so generously donate, will be deposited into my bank account in my name so I can manage them on Vic's behalf as needed to continue to provide a stable home and necessities as they arise. This will allow him to concentrate on his recovery and not the financial burden his illness has presented.
None of this would be possible without your love for Vic and your incredible outpouring of support, both financially and emotionally. He (and I) are incredibly blessed and humbled. There are not enough words to express our gratitude. We are immensely thankful.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Guys,

Here is the latest update from his girlfriend Donna:

Vic is home! He has overcome.some unbelievable obstacles and continues to fight his way back every day. As I've said before "Life is tough. Vic is tougher!"
The incredible generosity of Vic's friends and ASL gaming community has been an unbelievable blessing to Vic and myself. For those of you who don't know me, I'm Donna, Vic's " Significant Other" ... lol.
Vic has started going for rehab twice a week. He's attending numerous doctor's appointments and works every day to regain his strength and cognitive functioning. Because of his deficits, Vic has lost his job and is unable to work. The money you've all donated will be used to pay rent, utilities and daily living expenses as well as innumerable bills as they roll in. The funds you have, and continue to so generously donate, will be deposited into my bank account in my name so I can manage them on Vic's behalf as needed to continue to provide a stable home and necessities as they arise. This will allow him to concentrate on his recovery and not the financial burden his illness has presented.
None of this would be possible without your love for Vic and your incredible outpouring of support, both financially and emotionally. He (and I) are incredibly blessed and humbled. There are not enough words to express our gratitude. We are immensely thankful.
I just want to once more send my Thanks to the ASL Community and all who have donated or sent their thoughts and payers as this Go Fund Me account has been our life line with no job for me any longer (the newsletter is now my main job). I so appreciate everyone and love you all!!! Much rehab ahead and doing a little better each day. Should be in a better place by the Holidays.

Thanks again to Donna and Tom for making all this happen for me, they are the best and so are you! :) Vic.