Vic Provost MIA Explained

ramzon

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Update on Vic: He is making progress at the rehab facility but will be there for a few more weeks. He is eager to get home and start getting back to a 'normal' life and get working on Dispatches from the Bunker.
We, the bunker crew, have continued playtesting the upcoming four scenarios for the next DftB which are:

Opening Battle for Hill 700, scenario by Vic Provost, 3/9/44 Japanese vs US Army
Brandenburger Blitz, scenario by Tom Morin, 12/14/43 Germans vs Partisans/Italians
Fausts at Wethen, scenario by Jeffrey D Myers, 3/31/45 US Recon vs Germans
Fontenay By Night, scenario by Chuck Hammond, 6/25/44 British vs Germans

The next DftB issue is usually released in late Sept but may be delayed and will be decided by Vic when he is able to return to his Owner/Senior Editor responsibilities.

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Vic Provost fell ill with a mystery flu-like illness almost 5 weeks ago. After 2 weeks of up/down fevers his condition deteriorated and after going to two local urgent care clinics, he was rushed to the hospital with his blood pressure plummeting. He was experiencing heart failure and kidney failure, and showed signs of encephalitis and meningitis. This necessitated placing Vic on a ventilator and keeping him in a sedated coma for over a week...
Read this passage to my wife, and her immediate response was "tick." Mr. Hill's Kelly had a bad experience with Lyme disease a few years back.

There is a host of tick-borne diseases. Pets tend to pick ticks up first and bring them inside the home. But as Mr. Sockwell's experience suggests, even are own backyards may not be safe for us any more.

Relieved to hear that Vic passed his wound-severity dr and is recovering. What a nasty scare it must have been for him and his family.

Helen and I send our best wishes for a full recovery.

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
late to this party. Wishing Vic a speedy recovery. We can wait on Dispatches, his long term heath is much more important.

Peace

Roger

Tom Morin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Update on Vic.

He finally went home this past week, and has to try and put his life back together. He continues with physical therapy, and is now walking with a cane. He has a long road ahead to conquer the speech and cognitive deficits the illness left him with, not to mention the financial disaster. He is keeping a positive outlook, and is very motivated and determined to get back to the game table. He was totally psyched after I emailed the files of the latest playtest scenarios all formatted, including his monster 'Hill 700' scenario. I think we'll be seeing Vic back in action sooner rather than later...........

Tom

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Hi guys, doing a little bit better, got out of the house Saturday and have 2 rehab sessions scheduled this week.

Still get tired easily and the cognitive impairment issue is frustrating at times when I forget stuff.

But one day at a time and Thanks again for all the well wishes and especially the generous donations, they are very much appreciated still as it will be several months before I see either early retirement or disability. They are helping keeping us going for sure.

I'll post again later in August and look for Dispatch #47 later this Fall, Vic.

HansK

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
Good to see you here again, Vic!

Take good care.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the kind words HansK ! Working on #47 as I have the Tussle in the Tundra results now.

Take care, Vic.