VFTT114 Out

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Many thanks for another issue Pete 👍

I enjoyed the Blackpool AAR. Ian Morris winning eight straight games was quite something - he was complaining about having to buy all those beers for his beaten opponents. I wasn't complaining - two of those games were against me 😁

RRschultze

Reaction score
First name
Ian
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Many thanks for another issue Pete 👍

I enjoyed the Blackpool AAR. Ian Morris winning eight straight games was quite something - he was complaining about having to buy all those beers for his beaten opponents. I wasn't complaining - two of those games were against me 😁
Yep, he’s a gentleman, bought me a beer as well as I also lost to him in my only defeat 7-1 overall (8-1 if you include a friendly against Craig Benn)

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Aggressive Response is a PTO tourny style design of mine on a Tom Repetti board.

Good VFTT issue!

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the BFF scenario list on page 5, there are several scenarios listed with BFF2021a thru e numbers. Were those designed for the tournament? One of the them was the one Toby wrote about, which I couldn't find in any scenario archive listing. Just wondering if those are new scenarios we may see published at some point.

vfttpete

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
In the BFF scenario list on page 5, there are several scenarios listed with BFF2021a thru e numbers. Were those designed for the tournament? One of the them was the one Toby wrote about, which I couldn't find in any scenario archive listing. Just wondering if those are new scenarios we may see published at some point.
As Chas noted, these are all forthcoming scenarios from Bounding Fire so they don't have proper IDs yet. I give them an ID using the year and round (IE a-e = 1-5) so we can keep track of the results for the weekend.

Pete

Reactions: PTY

vfttpete

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Snipped from the VFTT story (Toby's AAR) on that scenario.
I love this board. PTO hutville with a stream. I hope it played well.
View attachment 20030
6-3 in favour of the Japanese, though if Toby's ambush dr hadn't let him down he'd have probably won as the Chinese and then it would have been 5-4 in favour of the Japanese....

Pete

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
6-3 in favour of the Japanese, though if Toby's ambush dr hadn't let him down he'd have probably won as the Chinese and then it would have been 5-4 in favour of the Japanese....
Well , if the balance wasn't good, you can be sure the Map Guy would be blaming the Scenario Guy, and vice-versa :)

PTY

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As Chas noted, these are all forthcoming scenarios from Bounding Fire so they don't have proper IDs yet. I give them an ID using the year and round (IE a-e = 1-5) so we can keep track of the results for the weekend.

Pete
Is the one listed as PUG-1 also a playtest???

Gamer72

Reaction score
First name
Ian
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Is the one listed as PUG-1 also a playtest???
Yes, an Ian Willey design in early playtest I believe. Paraguayans against Bolivians.