VFTT Returns!

vfttpete

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Well that’s year three of university done :) Now I’m free until September, when I start my final year, complete with 12,000 word dissertation to do!

So what better way to celebrate that (and the 72nd anniversary of VE Day) than with the release of a new issue of VFTT, issue 100 :) As well as the previous two, issue 98-99. I could have just combined them into a triple issue, but really wanted to have a single issue that said 100 to celebrate reaching such a landmark number.
You can download the new issue from http://www.vftt.co.uk/index.asp.

Which also makes it a good time to do the annual donation drive to raise funds towards the running of the VFTT website. And more importantly, to allow me to buy plenty of beer during the summer before returning to uni in September :) Simply donate and I'll enter you into the raffle draw - if you're donated in the last year there's no need to donate again as you are already included, but feel free to donate again if you want :) A list of donors can be found on the VFTT website at http://www.vftt.co.uk/donors.asp. I've got a bunch of items to use in the raffle draw, including the rare tournament packs from the 2015 and 2016 Madrid ASL tournaments, a set of Battleschool 2015 ASLOK 30h Anniversary German and Russian dice and assorted other dice from Battleschool including the new 16mm Hungarian and Romanian sets.

And while the beer (sorry, website) funds would be nice, new material to print in VFTT would also be nice. Without new material, publishing more issues of VFTT will become difficult as I'm running out of archive material to dredge up to print. It would be nice to have enough material around to hit my next landmark target, celebrating 25 years of publishing VFTT in 2020.....

Pete

Pacman Ghost

Reaction score
A maze of twisty little passages, all alike
Country
llAustralia
Congratulations, that's a big milestone. I'm just getting back into ASL after a long layoff (actually, when I was in 3rd year uni, IIRC, > 20 years ago :-/), and your back-issues were an amazingly useful resource for getting back into things. I've sent you a few dineros...

I'm not too fussed about the raffle, but it might be an idea to say what the rules are e.g. is there a minimum amount, will you ship overseas?

kcole4001

Stray Cat
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Country
llCanada
Awesome news, and a big thank you for all you've done.
It's good to see you've got your priorities straight (education first).
Best of luck!

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Now I’m free until September, when I start my final year, complete with 12,000 word dissertation to do!
If we all chip in and send Pete a word, he'll be done in no time. I'll contribute two words: "tenuous" and "cumbersome."

JR

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
here's my two words for you, Pete.... wait, gotta keep it rated PG at least.... okay these two "hoops" and "hoops" - yes, more of them to jump through....

:)

vfttpete

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I'm not too fussed about the raffle, but it might be an idea to say what the rules are e.g. is there a minimum amount, will you ship overseas?
No real rules, just donate whatever amount you want. Prizes go to the winners wherever they are in the world, no charge for postage.

Pete

vfttpete

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
If we all chip in and send Pete a word, he'll be done in no time. I'll contribute two words: "tenuous" and "cumbersome."
here's my two words for you, Pete.... wait, gotta keep it rated PG at least.... okay these two "hoops" and "hoops" - yes, more of them to jump through....:)
4 down, 11,996 to go.

Then all I'll have to do is put them in the right order :)

Pete

vfttpete

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
here's my two words for you, Pete.... wait, gotta keep it rated PG at least.... okay these two "hoops" and "hoops" - yes, more of them to jump through....:)
4 down, 11,996 to go.

Then all I'll have to do is put them in the right order :)

Pete

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
Well, any dictionary will give you many more words than you really need. A bit of copy and paste, and all done ....

rcarter

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pete,

I just donated a bit through my wife's paypal account (Marjorie Thigpen-Carter). Thanks for VFTT.

Rick Carter

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for a nice issue. I like the Gurhka vs Viet Minh scenario!