Vets, Cops And Firemen

Marines

Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
1,017
Reaction score
0
Location
Surrounded By Commun
I have nothing but the upmost respect for all vets, police officers and firemen regardless of your national heritage.

What are you?
 

Thomas McPeek

Member
Joined
May 15, 2004
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Location
ONTARIO,OHIO
Country
llUnited States
I'm a vet (National Guard) and while I am not a police officer, I am a corrections officer.

_________________________________________________
Governor of Sinister Correction Centre.
Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." Winston Churchill
 

dannybou

Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2004
Messages
1,349
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada
Country
llCanada
Military police 1980-1984

Provincial Police officer 1984 to date... until 2014;)
 
Joined
Feb 24, 2004
Messages
1,181
Reaction score
0
Location
Staten Island, NY
US Marines. Enlisted 8/75, served 1/76 - 1/80.

Aircraft electrician, F-4 Phantoms, VMFA-232, Red Devils, oldest squadron in the USMC.
 

freightshaker

Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2004
Messages
729
Reaction score
19
Location
Out on the road
Army fuel handler (77F) mainly Aviation and Combat Engineers.
National Guard Aug 1990-Jan 1992
Army Jan 1992-Sep 2001

Don't regret a thing, travelled the world and still keep in touch with alot of buddies.
 

Jim H. Moreno

Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2003
Messages
1,274
Reaction score
0
Location
Decatur, AL
Country
llUnited States
US Army vet

US Army Air Defender (Redeye, Stinger, Vulcan, Avenger)
82nd Airborne Division, 1988-1998
Gulf War veteran

North Carolina Army National Guard, 1998-2002
382nd Mobile Public Affairs Detachment & 130th Military History Detachment
 

Marines

Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
1,017
Reaction score
0
Location
Surrounded By Commun
Re: US Army vet

Originally posted by Jim H. Moreno
US Army Air Defender (Redeye, Stinger, Vulcan, Avenger)
82nd Airborne Division, 1988-1998
Gulf War veteran

North Carolina Army National Guard, 1998-2002
382nd Mobile Public Affairs Detachment & 130th Military History Detachment
:thumb:

Avengers man I love those guys. I saw one engaging a technical in Iraq with its twin electrical .50's....man what a sight.
 

tadcar

Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2004
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
Location
Stockton, CA
Country
llUnited States
USN 1966-70 (Nam 68-69) Earned Navy Achievement Medal w/Combat "V" while serving at Dong Ha and Phu Bai.
USAFR 1978-86 (Cargo Supervisor) @ Travis AFB, CA
 

Marines

Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
1,017
Reaction score
0
Location
Surrounded By Commun
Originally posted by tadcar
USN 1966-70 (Nam 68-69) Earned Navy Achievement Medal w/Combat "V" while serving at Dong Ha and Phu Bai.
USAFR 1978-86 (Cargo Supervisor) @ Travis AFB, CA
Wow talk about a career. :thumb:
 

tadcar

Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2004
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
Location
Stockton, CA
Country
llUnited States
This is a C-5A Galaxy that I loaded cargo into. My claim to fame was while deployed in South Korea (Osan AFB) I drove an M2 Bradley AFV into a C-5. No one else was able to drive it but the aircraft commander (pilot) wanted it loaded ASAP so he could take off! It was scary at first, but I remembered while growing up on a farm, I learned to drive all types of vehicles; tractors, combines, semi-trucks, etc. during the summers. Once I got the beast started, the rest was easy! It was a proud day when the Major gave me a thumbs up and a wink!
 

flatfoot2

Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2004
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
On the Beat
Country
llUnited States
Marine Corps 1985-1993, Corrections Officer 1994-2000, Police Officer 2000-present. I love my job and if it wasn't for the Corps I probably would have not become a Police Officer.
 

Overseer

Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2004
Messages
2,465
Reaction score
2
Location
PA
Country
llUnited States
Once I finish grad school I'll have something worthwhile to say I did.

But for now I got nothing. :(
 

Overseer

Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2004
Messages
2,465
Reaction score
2
Location
PA
Country
llUnited States
Well, my plan is to get the masters in international relations and then wander around various government agencies in intelligence, defense, possibly some federal law enforcement, etc and see who will hire. :D
 

Marines

Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
1,017
Reaction score
0
Location
Surrounded By Commun
Originally posted by Overseer
Well, my plan is to get the masters in international relations and then wander around various government agencies in intelligence, defense, possibly some federal law enforcement, etc and see who will hire. :D
With a masters in IR I would suggest the CIA or if you wanna pack heat I would go with the Marshals or DSS. No one else will hire you unless you have degree in accounting (FBI) or criminal justice (DEA & everyone else).
 

Overseer

Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2004
Messages
2,465
Reaction score
2
Location
PA
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Marines
With a masters in IR I would suggest the CIA or if you wanna pack heat I would go with the Marshals or DSS. No one else will hire you unless you have degree in accounting (FBI) or criminal justice (DEA & everyone else).
Or SS uniformed division, they're trying to expand by 400+ people over the next couple years. And also just about every agency out there lists political science as a degree they seek (now whether or not I'd lose out to someone else is another issue). My main plan is to try CIA and DIA.
 
Top