Very Quiet Here

Big Ivan

Reaction score
Campaign Series Folks,

Very quiet around here. What have we all been doing with the campaign series? For myself I've been enjoying the recent JTCS system with scenario designs, PBEM's and the occasional battle with the A/I.

The A/I still needs work with all the CS systems out there but I'm confident someday this will change.

Big Ivan:smoke:

mwest

Recruit
Reaction score
Campaign Series Folks,

Very quiet around here. What have we all been doing with the campaign series? For myself I've been enjoying the recent JTCS system with scenario designs, PBEM's and the occasional battle with the A/I.

The A/I still needs work with all the CS systems out there but I'm confident someday this will change.

Agree. Either small number of members... or everyone is over at The Blitz? :smoke:

http://www.theblitz.org

That's where I usually hang out! :D

Last edited:

Jason Petho

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Very quiet indeed.

Playing JTCS when the opportunity arises, but spending most of the time on the Modern Wars: Volume I.

Exciting times for the Campaign Series!!

I agree with HAL needing vast improvements, hopefully this will be tackled in future releases.

Jason Petho

Big Ivan

Reaction score
Good to hear Jason,

HAL was OK for it's time in the late '90's but I have to feel something can be done to bring it into the current mainstream. I only wish I was a class A programmer instead of a Class Z! I'd work on it for ya!

Good to hear about Modern Wars I, keep going I'm getting anxious!

Will Modern Wars cover 1948 to 1990 worldwide? Or will it be much more narrowed to cover Arab-Israeli, Soviet, US, Vietnam, China, Korea?

Holy Cow, If you had the Brits and Argentines I would love to see a couple of Falkland Is. 1982 scenarios! I remember that era well! Guess I'm dating myself!

Jason Petho

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Good to hear Jason,

HAL was OK for it's time in the late '90's but I have to feel something can be done to bring it into the current mainstream. I only wish I was a class A programmer instead of a Class Z! I'd work on it for ya!

Good to hear about Modern Wars I, keep going I'm getting anxious!

Will Modern Wars cover 1948 to 1990 worldwide? Or will it be much more narrowed to cover Arab-Israeli, Soviet, US, Vietnam, China, Korea?

Holy Cow, If you had the Brits and Argentines I would love to see a couple of Falkland Is. 1982 scenarios! I remember that era well! Guess I'm dating myself!

Modern Wars: Volume I consists of two games -- Middle East Conflicts and Vietnam

1948 - 1985

The Middle East Conflicts deal with the usual suspects ('48, '56, '67, ''73 and '82) plus scenarios dealing with other misc. engagements. (Algeria, Yemen, War of Attrition, etc)

Vietnam is heavily focused on the American War, but includes a few scenarios that deal with the French Indochina War and the Third Indochina War.

Countries available with the initial release (1.00)

Middle East Conflicts:

Israel
France
Britian
Egypt
Syria
Iraq
Jordan
Lebanon
Pro West Faction
Pro East Faction

Vietnam:

USA
France
North Vietnam
South Vietnam
China

The initial release (1.00) will have:

~50 scenarios for Vietnam

~50 scenarios for Middle East Conflicts

That being said, this is intended as a "living game", meaning that version 1.00 will not be the final version. It will be continually updated with additional scenarios, new units, new countries, new formations as I have time to build them.

Modern Wars: Volume II will be two games: NATO vs Warsaw Pact and Korea (with possibly another game included in that set)

Volume II is where you will find the scenarios dedicated to the Falklands Conflict.

Jason Petho

Big Ivan

Reaction score
Thank you, Jason

That's excellent info! I can wait for the Falklands knowing the Middle East will get full treatment. I'm also a big fan of the'67 A-I Conflict. Jenin in particular. An LCG around this would be just excellent as would a DCG!!

The '48 War is also an interesting period as each side with the aid of WWII surplus fought for the existence of Israel.

I can't wait to see what you will show us CS nuts with this new installment. I've been saving my dimes for the new release.

Best always

mwest

Recruit
Reaction score
Thank you, Jason

That's excellent info! I can wait for the Falklands knowing the Middle East will get full treatment. I'm also a big fan of the'67 A-I Conflict. Jenin in particular. An LCG around this would be just excellent as would a DCG!!

The '48 War is also an interesting period as each side with the aid of WWII surplus fought for the existence of Israel.

I can't wait to see what you will show us CS nuts with this new installment. I've been saving my dimes for the new release.

Best always
John:

Additional Modern Wars details in this thread on Matrix Games Forums:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2090086

Last edited:

Jason Petho

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
...and there is an open invitiation for storylines for potential Cold War turning Hot scenarios.

I have a few ideas to start from, but would be willing to pursue customer ideas!

Jason Petho