Very last call for.......

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi All,

Some may remember Jeff Hewitt and I were smashing through the Singling CG in September 2016 when Jeff went strangely 'Off line' as we started CG Date 2, I ask for a long time if he was ok or still around, I have still to this date not heard or have found out anything in regards to Jeff, So I guess this is a very last request for any information anyone might have on Jeff, if he has just given up on ASL (doubtful), or as I fear something has happened to him, if any one knows, please PM me.

all the best

Perry

P.S Jeff if you are looking in on the forum, let me know buddy as you were/are a good bloke and a good ASL adversary.

esprcorn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Jeff lived in Aurora so if someone knows anything info would be appreciated.

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
Well I didn’t find an obituary for him unless his name was Kyle

hoxson1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I sent Perry that info via a Conversation yesterday. That Hewitt sold his house in Aurora in Dec 2016, so it seems to fit the timeline.
Perry says he sent him an email today.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jeff was a retired United Airlines powerplants mech. Up to his disappearing act, he was working as a Veterans Services Officer for the Aurora, CO VSO. I tried contacting the VSO office, he was no longer working there as of June 2017 when I called, they would not release any more information without bonafides, etc.

He was on the high side of his 50's, a bit grey in the temples (like us all) - and a good ASL player and off-the-board comrade. He had attended two of the Denver, CO ASL meets in 2014 and 2015 (one each year of their more frequent gatherings). Round face, good sense of humor. Best I can do with descrip. Worked with "Von Marwitz" here on GS in 2016 with working up enhanced HTML coding for VASL to allow inserts of Google Earth zoom ins of the actual areas of an ASL scenario on the top of the board. Good stuff, that.

KRL, Jon H

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Sorry to hear that; I thought that being a coach for the Aurora Tigers could be the person you are looking for… Well, at least I tried. Good luck in the search of your pal.
Jon sums up Jeff very well, I had many a good game with him and in truth I miss playing ASL against him, hopefully an answer will emerge at some point either way.

Cheers

Perry

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi Perry

I tried his e-mail a while back as well, but no luck. To be honest he may have had to retire . He described his job as being very stressfull and I wonder if it is not health reasons. Working in a Veterans organization can burn people out very quickly.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi Perry

I tried his e-mail a while back as well, but no luck. To be honest he may have had to retire . He described his job as being very stressfull and I wonder if it is not health reasons. Working in a Veterans organization can burn people out very quickly.
Sounds more than reasonable to me, the thing that I found strange is Jeff LOVED his ASL and he just went off line, very strange indeed.

All the best

Perry

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi Perry..........I suffer from a form of PTSD and working with us can create a form for that worker as well. May be that being around military vets all the time, stopped him from playing as well.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi Perry..........I suffer from a form of PTSD and working with us can create a form for that worker as well. May be that being around military vets all the time, stopped him from playing as well.
Possible, I have suffered from PTSD since 1996 so I can understand if working along side those who have it might of turned he m off from anything to do with conflicts in any size shape or form. I just hope he is still alive and kicking as to just drop off the face of the earth 100% comma wise is unusual.

Hope you are doing ok

Perry

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I am doing okay. After 2 1/2 years of studying and completion of my certification exams and final training I am now a licensed Laboratory Technician. And I have a good job now, so no more military BS and I can move on with the remaining years I have left. So I am now enjoying time with my family and friends.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I am doing okay. After 2 1/2 years of studying and completion of my certification exams and final training I am now a licensed Laboratory Technician. And I have a good job now, so no more military BS and I can move on with the remaining years I have left. So I am now enjoying time with my family and friends.
Have 5 yrs left if I want t, will have served 37 years by then, think I am nearing the point where I have had enough of the Military, never thought I would say that but I am working now with a bunch turbo mongs with no experience in the ‘real’ Military and no operational experience at all, so you can imagine the fights that happen there. Glad you are on an even keel now and life is good.

All the best

Perry