Very Basic Rout Question

Velocette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I should know the answer to this question (last one for tonight!); but it is late, I am tired, and I am letting my grogginess confuse me; my apologies.....

In the picture below, is there anyway for the broken US 5-4-6 to rout to P7? {I say No}

I think the US 5-4-6 has to rout to Q6 as its "initial" destination.

It then has the option to rout to R6 (because it can move to an adjacent woods/building hex from Q6) and if it so desired, it could move again into S7 (because it can move to an adjacent woods/building hex from R6), where it would end the RtPh.

Do I have that correct? (I am trying to unlearn bad rules interpretations from solo play).

Thanks,
Velo

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Personally I find myself reading the rout rules almost everytime I play. For some reason I just cannot remember all the subtle stuff after all these years.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
IMO,... it never hurts to have the occasional 'very basic rule "x" question" visualised. Just to keep things fresh in memory.
I think there is value to chasing more than occasionally a very basic and commonly interpreted situation/rule all the way down to the actual citation(s) from the book.

I am disturbed by how often I am surprised......

Prime example: Partisan Fire Groups. There is no general rule disallowing them, although it was suggested in designer's notes and there is very often an SSR to the effect that partisans cannot form multi-location fire groups.