Vertical Board Orientation

grabowbe

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is there a way to set up both horizontal and vertical boards in a VASL scenario? As in "They went that Way?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Is there a way to set up both horizontal and vertical boards in a VASL scenario? As in "They went that Way?
Use nul boards and two rows.
What Michael says. Two rows and two columns.

First row would be bd19.
Second row would be (can't remember) one of the following combinations. bdNUL, bd2a or bdNULV, bd2a or bd2a, bdNUL or bd2a, bdNULV.

This is where you can download bdNUL and bdNULV on vasl.info. Precise instructions for their use are here.

Cheers,
von Marwitz

pensatl1962

Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Here's a variant on the original question - is there any way to reorient the VASL maps by 90 degrees, to change from a portrait orientation to landscape? Either during setup or after it's been rendered onscreen...without turning the monitor 90 degrees (I know that trick, but here I'm using a laptop).
For instance:

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
That function unfortunately doesn't exist on VASL.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
As Robin says, that function does not exist for VASL.

Many people have asked for it over the years, but as I understand it, quite a significant technical problem stands in the way. I can't remember what it was but I seem to recall it was something as fundamental as 'Well, then we would have to redo ALL the counters' or some such. In other words an epic sh*tload of work. But I might be mistaken with regard to the details.

von Marwitz