Ventrilo/Teamspeak 2 - *UPDATE*

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Greetings, guild members!

We spent a good portion of the weekend trying to get either Ventrilo or Teamspeak 2 set up. We have a dedicated PC/server for hosting, but we came across a few issues.

Ventrilo wants $$ if you have more than a certain amount of people on at the same time, and with our guild being the size that it is, this is not a good option for us. I have spoken to members of DethNet that have used TS2, and have personally hosted connections with 40 people online at once. So this seems to be the best option for us.

Unfortunately, we have had issues in setting TS2 up, and I was hoping that one of you might be able to provide a little assistance in getting us up and running. We have DLink wireless router, and there seems to be a problem with getting past the router. Canibis and a couple of others were not able to set the port for incoming access. If you can help, please drop a post here with some suggestions, or PM me your contact information!

We can do it through here, or we will call (free long distance) and work things out!

Many thanks!

Last edited:

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Gents, we are working on the final stages of getting one of these two systems set up. We've had some tech help from a few different people, and are looking at a few different options. I'm waiting to hear back from a couple different people, and at that time, we will be making a decision on which way we're going to progress with this.

Regardless of the direction we end up deciding to go, we're aiming for having the system setup and functional sometime over the weekend! Watch the message of the day for updates!

d0ntd0it

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If there is anything I can do to help, let me know. Find me when I'm on and I can try to connect or something.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Sweet - thanks for the offer of help! I bounced a few meesages back and forth with CyberRanger here (we're old friends), a programmer for the site, and it appears that they will be hosting our homepage and teamspeak/ventrilo as well as the forums. I'll find out a little info today, and will post when I know something concrete.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I've been thinking about our Ventrilo/Teamspeak software. I think it would be the best way to go if Guild members were to PM (personal message) me here for connection information once we're up and running. It is a process that takes only a moment of people's time, and it ensures that they are registered on the forums here so that can participate in the threads and such. Makes it much less of a chore for them to become involved!

Also, GameSquad has been kind enough to host not only our forums, but our homepage and the communication software - it's the least we can do to say thank you for what they are giving to us!

I've been a member of the forums here since shortly after they started (note the member number beside my name? :D ) and this site has *alot* to offer games of virtually any stripe. It's my hope that some of you will find other areas here of interest, and will participate in discussions, the articles, etc.

Welcome to DethNet's home, and GameSquad!

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Ok, we're working on TeamSpeak right now - will post as soon as we've got it going. I'll also change the message of the day in the guild to let people know when we're live.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Sorry to be the bearer of a delay with this, but after gaining FTP access to our directoy here at GameSquad, we were unable to execute the program on their servers, so were unable to get the software running over the weekend. I have contact Brent here at GameSquad, and he will take a look at this for us as soon as he's able (should be quite soon!). Bulsoro, a guild member with DethNet has also offered to host TS2 on his private server, but as his job involves being on call, he was suddenly called in yesterday, and unable to complete the setup.

Murphy seems to be working against us!

But rest assured, we will get this up and running as soon as possible, and will fill you in on the details at that time!