Vehicular smoke and SAN

Joe Moro

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Attempting to put down sD..is that a SAN activation possibility?.could not find it in RB

Cheers

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As it does not fit any of the categories in A 14.1 I would say no SAN is not possible.

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
No Sniper possible. Vehicular Smoke is attempted by making a smoke "Usage DR." Snipers are activated by "TH, MC, TC, non-OBA IFT, or Entrenching" DRs (A14.1).

Joe Moro

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I thought so...i was confused with the whole Task Check thing..and my thinking was that attempting for smoke may come under TC

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I thought so...i was confused with the whole Task Check thing..and my thinking was that attempting for smoke may come under TC
A Task Check is a DR against the unit's morale level [A10.1]. Anything that has its own number (sD, depletion, kindling, etc.) can't be a Task Check.

JR

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
Further to the above ... every single thing that is a Task Check is explicitly called in the rules a "Task Check" (and typically abbreviated as TC).

PTC
LLTC
PAATC

etc.

(Etc is not a Task Check.)

Anything that has its own number (sD, depletion, kindling, etc.) can't be a Task Check.
While that is true, an Entrenching DR is the only thing that "has its own number" and yet can still activate the Sniper.