Vehicular Ordnance and MA non-ordance in the AFPh

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A PSW 221 (MA is CMG) moves during the MPh and stops. Because either all potential targets are concealed, HIP, or the game is PBeM, no bouding FF is used during that units move.

During the AFPh, does the 221 still have a ROF while using its MA as non-ordnance?

If the unit fires as ordnance (TH against permitted target), does it still get ROF if it never fired during the MPh?

In a PBeM game, how do you handle the BFF/AFPh issue (assuming no ROF in AFPh), by contingency?

Thanks for the insight and help :?

Barber

Official Mila 18 Dork
Reaction score
Larry said:
In a PBeM game, how do you handle the BFF/AFPh issue (assuming no ROF in AFPh), by contingency?

Thanks for the insight and help :?
I play almost exclusively PBeM. How do you handle it? Well, you just do it. You announce the shot push the DR button and apply the results. If, when your opponent views the file he declares a gun duel or for some other reason changes what you though happened (e.g. mines, you forgot to roll for red MP, whatever) he should stop and kick it back to you. You should absolutely, positively stop at the end of your MPh though to allow for DF.

Generally speaking this stuff gets sorted out ahead of time by the opponents (i.e., always stop if I run into residual or stop if you reveal any HIPsters) or during the file (statements like, "continue regardless of fire").

One of the hardest things for me about PBeM is great results get sh*t canned because of one of your "stop the file and kick it back" triggers. For example, the third unit you move in your turn is an AFV that rolls snakes on its an overrun and wipes out a troublesome enemy position. In viewing your file, your opponent stops when the first unit you moved runs into a previously unknown minefield. So in your next file you move the AFV again, this time, however, it throws a track on its start MP. Sigh. C'est la PBeM guerre (C'est PBeM la guerre?).

So basically you just keep doing stuff in your file knowing that the farther you go, the greater the chance you may have to do it again. I think my record is 16 files for one MPh.

Jeff "stop if you know this" Barber

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Barber said:
C'est la PBeM guerre (C'est PBeM la guerre?).
"C'est la guerre PBeM" would be the correct French rendering.
Full translation : "C'est la guerre, jouée par correspondance électronique."

Et Joyeux Noël!
Bonnes parties d'ASL!

:D