Vehicle Riders

LHMG

Reaction score
Can squads move off of a vehicle in the advance phase if riding in or on any type of vehicle

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
No. Passengers can only exit a vehicle during the MPh.

...Riders can be made to Bail Out, however, by running them through trees or buildings!

Last edited:

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
No. Passengers can only exit a vehicle during the APh.

...Riders can be made to Bail Out, however, by running them through trees or buildings!
Or by turning the turret. But keep in mind that such capers will destroy the SW of the Riders.

von Marwitz

LHMG

Reaction score
So tank riders can get off the tank in the advance phase but cant move to an adjacent hex

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
So tank riders can get off the tank in the advance phase but cant move to an adjacent hex
No... sorry if I confused you. They are restricted as are passengers. (Un)Load only during MPh.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
No. Only during the MPh. The tricks of "brushing them off" by driving through Orchards etc. or turning the turret might merely serve to save you the otherwise necessary 25% of the MPs for unloading. But the hazards of the Bailing Out way are very risky, especially with low morale troops and should mostly be avoided except in special circumstances.

von Marwitz

LHMG

Reaction score
No. Only during the MPh. The tricks of "brushing them off" by driving through Orchards etc. or turning the turret might merely serve to save you the otherwise necessary 25% of the MPs for unloading. But the hazards of the Bailing Out way are very risky, especially with low morale troops and should mostly be avoided except in special circumstances.

von Marwitz
They have to take a morale check if brushed off right

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They have to take a morale check if brushed off right
They do. And that can also eliminate or malf SW(s) they are carrying so be careful.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No. Passengers can only exit a vehicle during the APh.

APh up there is a typo. I'm sure it was meant to say MPh as all other discussion has been on point.

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
APh up there is a typo. I'm sure it was meant to say MPh as all other discussion has been on point.
Thanks Clubby! Just fixed this...the tryptophan must have addled my brain!

Mr Incredible

Rod loves red undies
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Fanatic SS are fun to have as riders.

First line US, not so much.

You can sweep your riders off in the AFPh if you are that way inclined, with a turn of the TCA.

Just don't expect your SWs to be in one piece especially ones with X#s.

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
Sometimes I feel like the number of times my 8ML units have failed MCs (including CRs!!!) exceeds the number of times they have passed... ***sigh***