Vehicle FT

fanatic+1

Ryan Kent
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is a vehicle FT firepower halved for Motion status? Any effect on the vehicle to kill number?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
D2.42 spells it out:
"A Motion/Non-Stopped vehicle/its-Passengers must add the Motion To Hit DRM (Case C4; C5.35) when firing ordnance. All other types of FP from such a vehicle (including FT/canister) and/or its Passengers’/Riders’ FP are halved as Motion Fire ..."

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
That is what I was pondering. Whether Motion Fire constitutes Area Fire under A22.1.
Motion Fire, non-Stopped Fire and Bounding (First) Fire (and Mounted Fire, n/a to FT) halve FP (EXC: Bounding (First) Fire does not halve FP for FT [D3.31]), but none of these are forms of Area Fire. Area Fire halves non-ordnance FP, but not all halving of non-ordnance FP is a form of Area Fire. A pinned unit also has its FP halved, but that halving is not Area Fire. The same is true of long-range fire and fire in the AFPh.

My list of Area Fire: Concealment, Snap Shot, Dash (n/a for residual, fire lane), fire out of Marsh or non-dry Stream, Crest Infantry through non-Crest hexside, Fording units, wading. I don't know if it is complete.

edit: another, vs boats [E5.5]

JR

Last edited: