Vehicle enters hex with concealed vehicle

Paul John

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Situation: A concealed vehicle (or dummy stack) is in a woods road (but I think this is the same in any other concealment terrain). An enemy vehicle enters the hex. As far as we could tell, the enemy can do so, and can drive through without the defender vehicle losing concealment. Is that right? This one seemed a bit crazy, but we couldn't find anything saying the concealed vehicle loses concealment.

Second half, if that is true that the defender can stay concealed (and this was important to see if they were dummies), can the attacker stop, forcing the defender to state that it is impossible for him to do so since he is unable to kill on a 5 or less. Or let him do so and thus verify that they are dummies (since in our case, the attacker had a tiny MA and couldn't meet those requirements for any of the OB given vehicles).

Hope that's clear! Thanks
P

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
The AFV is revealed as if it were on the road. See A12.2:

A12.2 ...A vehicle that sets up in a woods-road (or orchard-/brush-/grain- road) hex is considered to be in Concealment Terrain for the purposes of placing OB-designated "?" (12.12) and of using SSR-allowed HIP — but thereafter it is considered to be on the road (B13.31) and thus in Open Ground to a clear LOS traced to it along the road.​
Fortunately, the first question was answered "false." I'd hate to have to deal with your second question!

Paul John

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wow, so the woods-/orchard-/brush-/grain- road specific answer is very clear and was our case. We totally missed that (sorry Charlie!).
But the more theoretical question remains. How about if its a woods/orchard/brush/grain hex without a road?
A12.41 says that any concealed personnel must take a PAATC to stay concealed (EXC: those exempt form PAATC of course). Dummys take the PAATC with a 7. But is a vehicle immune from taking a PAATC???? If so, would a dummy vehicle also be immune???

I'd hate to have to deal with your second question!
If these can stay concealed, see the second question in my first post (not so easily escaping @!).

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
A vehicle does not automatically lose Concealment when an enemy unit enters its Location.

Regarding D2.6 - the owner of the Concealed vehicle would have to say that opponent's vehicle could not spend a Stop MP in the Location if it's in violation of the "capable of destroying or shocking it with an Original TK or IFT DR of 5" clause.