Vehicle Concealment Loss/Gain

Special K9

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looking at the Concealment Loss/Gain Chart. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears that a Vehicle has an easier chance of gaining concealment behind a wall/hedge in non-concealment terrain while out of the LOS of GO or unbroken enemy ground unit, than a full squad without any beneficial mods. All the Vehicle has to do is roll dr ? 5 while a full squad would have to roll a 2.

Am I reading this correctly? I can't find any thing in the Rules or Q&A that states a Vehicle has any mods applied to it. An unemplaced gun gets a +1 mod applied to it, the full squad gets a +3 mod applied to it, but a vehicle gets 0? When rolling for concealment gain next to a wall or hedge you can not use the TEM mod.

I guess the trade off is that the Vehicle is immediately revealed once a GO/unbroken enemy came within LOS of it since it is not in "concealment" terrain, but the squad would be able to retain its concealment because of the wall/hedge TEM. Or does the wall/hedge TEM apply to the Vehicle too, and therefore it gets to keep its concealment?

Thanks for any helpful information,
Kevin

da priest

Reaction score
You add unit size #.

"Horses and all other 5/8" counters have a US# of 4 as do their Riders or attendant crews [EXC: Any vehicle or Gun classified as large or very large (red *, AF or M#) has a US# of 5]. "

So need to roll a 1, unless large or very large.