Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Even the oldest cemetery that I have visited in Ireland has enough space for a vehicle. Nowadays there has been some tarmac laid down over the years for motorised hearses, but pre motorisation there still had to be spaces for horse drawn hearses or even just carts, horse or hand, temporarily put into such use. The graves were always set back from the main path. None of those paths/roads would be suitable for drag racing, but still fine for slow vehicles/wagons.

So I would be inclined to treat them as ASL roads unless otherwise noted and akin to woods roads for rules purposes.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This thread seems a bit surreal to me.

We know through the ASLRB, errata and Perry Sez that a vehicle can enter/exit a woods-road hex on a road at the road rate, turn VCA at one mp through road-woods hexside, two through a non-road-woods hexside. Also, that exiting a woods-hexside through non road hexside requires a woods bog check.

I would play the same for a road-graveyard hex rather than require the issuance of errata, Perry Sez... Lord knows, the man has enough to deal with.

Rich
If he's going to be the arbiter for ASL related materials, let him be the arbiter. Until such time as I see Perry chime in and say he doesn't have time to answer questions in regards to ASL matters, I consider him to be the ultimate source to resolve issues. If he's got too much else to deal with or it seems it's too much of a burden, give it up, turn it over to someone else; I 'm relatively certain there are others waiting in the wings to take up the challenge. However, up to this point I have not seen that attitude displayed by Perry, nor do I hope to do so.

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
If he's going to be the arbiter for ASL related materials, let him be the arbiter. Until such time as I see Perry chime in and say he doesn't have time to answer questions in regards to ASL matters, I consider him to be the ultimate source to resolve issues. If he's got too much else to deal with or it seems it's too much of a burden, give it up, turn it over to someone else; I 'm relatively certain there are others waiting in the wings to take up the challenge. However, up to this point I have not seen that attitude displayed by Perry, nor do I hope to do so.
Agreed! We need Perry. If not, we need another Perry.

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
3.41 A vehicle may cross any road hexside at a cost of ½ MP [EXC: Graveyard-Roads (18.41)/BU (D5.2)/Snow (E3.724)/in-Convoy (E11.2)].

That tells me that a graveyard road is a road exc for the cost of crossing the hexside ... 1.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
MMP hath spoken:

B18.41 & D8.2
Q: Is a Bog Check required when changing VCA in a Graveyard Road hex? Does it make a difference if the VCA change is across a hexside not crossed by the Graveyard Road?

A: First off, we don't see why you consistently fail to use asl_qa@multimanpublishing.com for your continuing stream of whiny, rules-lawyery, please-hold-my-hand-cuz-I-can't-COWTRA, fringe-of-a-fringe questions. It's not like we haven't said this to you before. For someone who thinks he's so smart, you obviously have trouble following basic requests, which makes us doubt your inherent fitness to participate in such a great hobby as this. Geez, get it together, willya?

Second, we know you're going to post this answer to GameSquad just as soon as you possibly can, just to make yourself look important. We could have actually answered yesterday, but we wanted to make you squirm just a little bit longer. Note this: your life is not validated by this glancing collision with the official Q&A process; it got along just fine before without you and will continue far after you're gone. Don't think you're special just because we email you; it means more to you than it does to us.

Sigh. We're sure none of the above has had the slightest bit of impact on your sad, entrenched, ways. We'd love to change that, but only in some theoretical universe; in this one, we simply don't have time and frankly don't care. So while it's been fun getting this off our chest, we suppose there's nothing more to be done but answer:

There is No Bog Check on road regardless of VCA and No Bog Check for leaving graveyard hex.

Happy now?

Manly hugs,

MMP

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
MMP hath spoken:

B18.41 & D8.2
Q: Is a Bog Check required when changing VCA in a Graveyard Road hex? Does it make a difference if the VCA change is across a hexside not crossed by the Graveyard Road?

A: First off, we don't see why you consistently fail to use asl_qa@multimanpublishing.com for your continuing stream of whiny, rules-lawyery, please-hold-my-hand-cuz-I-can't-COWTRA, fringe-of-a-fringe questions. It's not like we haven't said this to you before. For someone who thinks he's so smart, you obviously have trouble following basic requests, which makes us doubt your inherent fitness to participate in such a great hobby as this. Geez, get it together, willya?

Second, we know you're going to post this answer to GameSquad just as soon as you possibly can, just to make yourself look important. We could have actually answered yesterday, but we wanted to make you squirm just a little bit longer. Note this: your life is not validated by this glancing collision with the official Q&A process; it got along just fine before without you and will continue far after you're gone. Don't think you're special just because we email you; it means more to you than it does to us.

Sigh. We're sure none of the above has had the slightest bit of impact on your sad, entrenched, ways. We'd love to change that, but only in some theoretical universe; in this one, we simply don't have time and frankly don't care. So while it's been fun getting this off our chest, we suppose there's nothing more to be done but answer:

There is No Bog Check on road regardless of VCA and No Bog Check for leaving graveyard hex.

Happy now?

Manly hugs,

MMP
Cruel, yet too funny! :rofl:

...will all that go in the official Q&A lists?

ASL1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm looking forward to the day where we all are buried in glass coffins .. but .. remains to be seen.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A pall has descended over this thread. I believe it should be put to rest, never to resurrected, no one will morn its passing, nor stand vigil for its return. We have paid the ferryman his due. Please let it remain in your wake.

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wasn't Manuel Noreiga buried in Lucite so everyone could see and admire him?

Hows that working out?

Rich