Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
On the french Cote1664 forum, there is a debate about rule A 11.8.
Some say Street Fighting vs a VBM vehicule is only possible from a building (believing conditions of normal Street Fighting must be met, inculding another building on the other side of the VBM'd hexside).
My advice is that VBM is a condition by itself (the vehicle is most of the times NOT on a road, anyway) and that it allows Street Fighting conditions even if bypassed hex is wood...
How do you figure that out?

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Robin said:
On the french Cote1664 forum, there is a debate about rule A 11.8.
Some say Street Fighting vs a VBM vehicule is only possible from a building (believing conditions of normal Street Fighting must be met, inculding another building on the other side of the VBM'd hexside).
My advice is that VBM is a condition by itself (the vehicle is most of the times NOT on a road, anyway) and that it allows Street Fighting conditions even if bypassed hex is wood...
How do you figure that out?
From A 11.8

"....Any vehicle in stationary Bypass or using VBM is also subject to Street Fighting rules from any Infantry in the Bypassed obstacle of their hex. Normal PAATC requirements (11.6) apply in all cases. "

Seems pretty clear to me that the obstacle is not required to be a building. The rule is specific as to "obstacle" in this instance where it is specific about "building" in earlier sections of A 11.8.

Please note also that this rule was in V1 a long time before there were narrow streets in village terrain and that in general there is no road in any hex that could be bypassed.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Thanks, Jazz.
These are the arguments that I noted and exposed on the cote1664 forum. :wink:

pzkfw5g

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm somewhat confused as to the requirements for SFing. Does the building "opposite" the vehicle have to be 180-deg from the attacker (relative to the vehicle) or can it be 120-deg? That is, would GO infantry in 1I7 be eligible to SF any vehicles in 1I6 or 1J6? Thanks.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Here is Perry's answer, that settles everything :

.> A 11.8 : do the Street Fighting advantages apply against a vehicle bypassing a
> woods hex?

Yes. "Any vehicle in stationary Bypass or using VBM is also subject to Street Fighting rules from any Infantry in the Bypassed obstacle of their hex."

....Perry

MMP

Ole Boe

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
pzkfw5g said:
I'm somewhat confused as to the requirements for SFing. Does the building "opposite" the vehicle have to be 180-deg from the attacker (relative to the vehicle) or can it be 120-deg? That is, would GO infantry in 1I7 be eligible to SF any vehicles in 1I6 or 1J6? Thanks.
The building must be on the other side of the road, but not necessarily 180 deg, so 120-deg is ok, as long as its on the other side of the road - just as with Dash.