VASSL/VASL double-imaging on higher-end gaming computer

KhandidGamera

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No problems on laptop, but do have problems with 3.5.8/6.6.2 double-imaging with my higher-end gaming computer even with all the game acceleration software disabled.

Behavior occurs especially when right-clicking on units, but sometimes just clicking on map.

Noticed under preferences-compatibility tab "Disable DirectX D3D pipeline".

Toggling that is for clearing this kind of stuff up, correct?

Guessing this means my computer is probably too fast for VASL/VASSL engine.

uckelman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Toggling that is for clearing this kind of stuff up, correct?
Yes.

Guessing this means my computer is probably too fast for VASL/VASSL engine
No. If that setting fixes your problem, all it means is that you have a combination of hardware and software where the problem that setting targets occurs.

KhandidGamera

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes.

No. If that setting fixes your problem, all it means is that you have a combination of hardware and software where the problem that setting targets occurs.
Have to prove it out for sure, but the latter comment makes sense - resources duelling over roles & missions.

uckelman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
No, really, it's nothing to do with the speed of your machine. We added that setting in 2009. The machines which had that problem in 2009 are far slower than machines which don't have that problem today. There are just some combinations of Java, DirectX, graphics drivers, and graphics hardware which don't work well together.

KhandidGamera

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No, really, it's nothing to do with the speed of your machine. We added that setting in 2009. The machines which had that problem in 2009 are far slower than machines which don't have that problem today. There are just some combinations of Java, DirectX, graphics drivers, and graphics hardware which don't work well together.
Ok.