VASSAL & JAVA

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I downloaded the latest VASSAL and the latest JAVA. But when I try to run VASSAL I get the following error.

"The registry refers to a nonexistent Java Runtime Environment installation or runtime is corrupted.

The system cannot find the path specified."

Any help would be appreciated.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I downloaded the latest VASSAL and the latest JAVA. But when I try to run VASSAL I get the following error.

"The registry refers to a nonexistent Java Runtime Environment installation or runtime is corrupted.

The system cannot find the path specified."

Any help would be appreciated.
Your java isn't working. Try un-installing and re-installing java. This doesn't seem to be a problem with VASSAL. -- jim

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Your java isn't working. Try un-installing and re-installing java. This doesn't seem to be a problem with VASSAL. -- jim
I have uninstalled and reinstalled Java...
I have uninstalled and reinstalled VASSAL...

No change...

Sully

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not sure what machine you are on, but go to the command line and type this: "java -version" and post what comes back.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Any error message that mentions "registry" is probably running microsoft windows of some kind.

JR

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Any error message that mentions "registry" is probably running microsoft windows of some kind.

JR
The Google link I provided mentions what is likely wrong is his system PATH and registry PATH are not in agreement. This could happen on the MS products when updating Java versions. A re-install tended to correct this. If that doesn't happen, you need to be able to fix the registry path (which you mentioned) and make sure that agrees with the system path. There are a couple of fix recipes on Google which will sort this out. -- jim

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yippeee!

The problem seems to have been an older version of VASSAL that was installed.

I uninstalled all versions of VASSAL and JAVA. I reinstalled the latest version of VASSAL. I reinstalled the latest JAVA.

Ran VASSAL...viola!