Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Ooooh, burn! Betcha feel all manly now!
ROFL.
Why would I feel like a man?

Simply stating something that is more efficient.
If you don't like efficiency, then you have to deal with the issues with that.
When you have ALL communications in one location, I think you would have to agree it's more efficient.

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rich Domovic's Amis defeated Craig Houliston's Germans in J208 - Panzerpioniere.

A nice scenario featuring a combined arms German assault through bocage board 54 and to the board 72 center bridge. Eleven well equiped 838/548 assault engineers supported by 5 PzIVs and halftracks were up for the journey

The US defenders have five Shermans, 10 first line infantry squads and two MG loaded halfracks.

The major German thrust came from the NW, through the orchards and into the left victory buildings. They forced their way through, but suffered several MC failures. These breaks, plus a spreading blaze left this large force too far from the board 72 bridge/building VC points.

Bad luck befell the German attack east through the bocage fields. Four engineer squads, the FT and a PzIV attacked three Ami squad equivalents and a Sherman.

The FT got one shot, the PzIV was destroyed by the 60mm Mtr and two enginer squads perished to MCs and FTR. The four east VP buildings would remain in Ami hands.

The Germans surrendered on turn five (of 6) with 6.5 of the 12 required VP probable (4 blg + 2.5 AFV/ht Kia). Also, their 26 CVP was close to exceeding their CVP cap of 29.

We enjoyed the game. We thought German mission doable, but their margin for error smaller.

Last edited:

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
David Rosner's Germans attacked Larry Rohlfing's Americans in SP176 Smiling Albert.

The game started auspiciously enough with Germans entering vehicles firing at two forward locations ... just for acq. The roll, 1,1. That's an improbable hit so let's see what happens, dr 1. Twice. Two HS evaporated into pink mist on a 36 -2 IFT roll. Having exorcised the pro-German rolls on turn 1 enter the M10 GMC. One behind the wall, backing in to avoid bogging in the wrong hex or in the wrong location. One on the bridge. Thought on the little bridge would be HD. I was wrong.

Turn 2 the Germans moved into position with two Tigers facing one M10. Waited too long and should have taken the shot on the stop MP. Deprived myself of an early IF. DFire was just acq. Bottom of two, hull hit and a kill, no rate. Target the second cat, miss. IF shot hit, and bounce. In the DFPh, the cat bears down and misses. He takes the IF shot and secures a hit. The TK roll -- 6,6. He would die at the top of 3 but that is another turn that the Germans did not move that tank.

Turn 3, the Germans skirt off road along the edge. The secret dr 4 and DR 12 - just waiting to spill the bad news. Bog with the side facing the remaining M10. Wait out the MPh and killed it in the DFPh. Infantry movement still behind the stream.

Turn 4, the Germans confess that the SP scenarios are designed to pressure and with three turns to go, the clock is starting to get short. The Germans skip the prep and go to movement. One BAZ with a leader and the M10 are guarding the elevated road. The Germans send one Tiger to the right and stop with the building adjacent to the little bridge in between -- out of LOS. One squad pins on the elevated bridge. Three squads and a leader rush the stream, 4-2 shot from the M10 AAMG, pinned leader, one squad passes, and two break. The other vehicles both dr 2 and DR 10 to bog out. Down to one mobile vehicle and a lot of Americans with angry lead and hard metals left, David tendered his resignation.

Good game. Should have avoided using the little bridge as cover. It did slow the Germans down but both behind the walls for HD is probably the best placement. I used the write-up described placement of the mortar and other units on the German side of the stream. They all died by the end of turn 3 but that was the point, burn the first 3 turns to put serious pressure to motate on the Germans. As with many Schwerpunkt scenarios, the key for either player is to bloody the opponent on turn 1 and then haul tail to the VC. Small scenario but a quick play and fun.

oybj

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
I played Jörn tonight in AP152 Through Mud and Blood. Lots of fun stuff happening throughout the game. My Swedish leader won a crucial CC together with a half squad to keep me in the game midway, and then I had to win 1 out of 3 CC in the final round (which I did). Good scenario and a great opponent.

Tony Gibson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
My Russians beat Marc Hanna's Germans at "Tigers and Flames". Two of the Russian FT tanks causing havoc (the third one rolled boxcars on it's first shot).
Thanks for being a great opponent Marc and thanks again to Tobias for organising.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Well first round was a game between Joe and me. We play quite often in the Friday Nighters, so decided to try a big one for a change and opted for HAZMO4 Kids These Days.
It was a real nail biter which took some 5 sessions to finish with me justvedging out as winner.
It should have been easier....
I get 15 VPs if he has not captured both fortified locations by end of turn 6. I have a squad and leader in the one fortified location he's not captured. He managed to pin my guy last turn and went in with 4 half squads and a hero. No result from the first CC.
He then fires into the hex with 12+4. I pass tge resulting MC, 2 of his squads pin, one breaks. The MA fires. My leader passes, my squad pins. The leader sets off a sniper who fatally wounds him.
His hero dies and a'll of the half squads fail their MC.
His 16+3 shot finally breaks my squad, but that's ok, all his guys are broken...heat of battle, battle hardening! I hate this game!

But the luck changed as he malfunctions his tank MA and mortar which were the only units that could stop me exiting the needed VPs.
Great scenario but tougher on the Brits than the Germans, in my opinion.
Lots of options to keep you awake at night and a stressful but fun game against a good friend and wily opponent.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Roy Connolly and Stephen Stewart will record a Draw for our match.

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
Official deadline is 5 March, but I won't have time to close the round and compile the new one until 10 March. So there are a few extra days you can use to finish your game.