Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll

Paul John

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Paul Schaeffer results for the VASL Top League 2019 (1-2)

Round 1: March 22, 2019: Paul Schaeffer beat Michael Klaukty in Blitzkrieg (DTF 2) Paul played as the Germans
Round 2: May ?, 2019: Paolo Cariolato beat Paul Schaeffer in Pavlov’s Dogs (FrF 50) Paolo played as the Germans
Round 3: Aug 9, 2019: Darryl Lundy beat Paul Schaeffer in Mook Point (AP 116) Darryl played as the Germans.

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
thanks yes, but since the TD has vanished, results from this website aren't confirmed. Are you confirming your results from this website? Let me know, Mr. Honus.
If the result is reported, we can assume that both players are aware of the results reported. We should presume their accuracy unless someone makes a persuasive showing to the contrary.

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
If the result is reported, we can assume that both players are aware of the results reported. We should presume their accuracy unless someone makes a persuasive showing to the contrary.
No, I don't think we can assume this, nor presume that. That's not how verification works, is it?

If your results are actually in there, Larry, please verify they are accurate for you by providing your full name and results.

Alternatively, Enrico can verify their accuracy by sending me an email or posting here.

Basically, all other results have been always been sent in by TDs directly. As had Enrico. He never referred to a website and said, 'use this.'

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
The results were posted by Enrico ... AFAIK.
Yeah, but what we do know for sure is that Enrico, bless his heart, abandoned the tournament in 2019 and hasn't been heard from since. The last update on the website was 9.15.19. It may be accurate, and it may be from Enrico (though he did have a couple of helpers, one of which has since abandoned ASL, so who knows?).

Nevertheless, data on a website that you or others point to, is not an official submission by the TD to AREA and can't be treated as such. Each year, Enrico had submitted finalized results to Bruno. If he had done the same for 2019, we would have already used that data (and you wouldn't be reading this).

We aren't going to make this exception for Enrico's non-compliance of submitting results just because people want it that way. Aside from maintaining data integrity in a uniform fashion, it wouldn't be fair to all the other TDs who have cooperated with us.

One of the main problems that caused Bruno to opt out of doing this AREA update was the 1001 ways TDs were reporting results. Coupled with the advent of more and more tournaments and more and more methodologies, it was too much. Hence a two year gap because poor Bruno burned out, and nobody blames him. Well, I sure don't.

Doug Rimmer has taken on the renewed AREA project on the basis that TDs will uniformly submit their data henceforth. I volunteered to help him by corralling the old data from 2017-2019.
All TDs have been kindly asked to comply and they have in most cases, provided the 2017-2019 data directly to us in various formats -- but always directly to us, and in so doing, affirming their responsibility for data accuracy.

They also understand there is a uniform format to submit results from 2020 on.

About 90% of that data has been collected and filled from 2017-2019. Additionally, a few 2020 tournaments have been indexed using the new format.

If TDs don't want to comply in the future, they don't have to. But then, their players' ratings don't get updated in AREA. It's that simple. Doug's not gonna set himself up to burn out. I don't blame him for that.

As to your concern, and as pointed out before:

a) Enrico can show up and submit the data for 2019 as per usual practice, which he hasn't done and will not likely do in his current state of vanishment, He can even copy and print his website pages and send it to me in an email and vouch for it that way if he wants to;

or,

b) players can submit their own data here. They can even refer to the Enrico website and say, 'my name is XXXXXXX and I affirm the accuracy of the Enrico website for my personal results'. (Do you want to do that?)

In the absence of an official submission for VASL 2019, what's most pursuasive is someone posting their 2019 results and thus vouching for self and for opponent. Opponents can object if they want because the results are posted out in the open for all to see.

Yes, that means real names and real results are revealed. But that's as they should be for an international rating system. I'm collecting results until the end of August 2020, at which point I'll collate the data submitted here and send it to Doug for assimilation into the AREA database.

SteffenK

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Steffen Knippel's results in the US/Canada Central/West division of VASLeague 2019:

April 14, 2019 - Robert Oler's defending Germans defeated Knippel's attacking Russians (with balance) in The Cost of Non-Compliance (WO22);
May 3, 2019 - Robert Zinselmeyer's defending Canadians defeated Knippel's attacking Germans in A Few Rounds (HS32);
June 30, 2019 - David Haasl's defending Russians defeated Knippel's attacking Germans in Crickets in Spring (AP131); and
November 30, 2019 - John Lehman's defending Germans defeated Knippel's attacking Americans in Coal in their Stockings (AP100).

It was not a good year for Knippel to attack.

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
One top result I forgot about:

Marc Hanna win as Americans vs Kenneth Young (Germans) in J51 Cannicati on October 13, 2019.

Note -- data collection ends for this on August 31st 23:59 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.